Week of Sept 12th

gophersfan

Reaction score
now that Favre is sign with the Vikings. do you think the news media will forget about the Gophers. this is making me worried that the Gophers will get nothing that week, knowning it the opening of TCF bank stadium.

here what i would do. shut the door on the Vikes for 1 week and make the Gophers the 1 number news story of that week.

Yeah we will definately be bumped to number 2 but so what? Do you really enjoy the local mainstream coverage? I don't. I will enjoy the heck out of that week no matter what.

Honestly, I don't understand how this changes anything. I'm sure there will be plenty of media coverage.

Honestly, I don't understand how this changes anything. I'm sure there will be plenty of media coverage.

ESPN and the rest of the national media have just set up camp in the Twin Cities. They can follow and broadcast any little story they get a whiff of because they're on location. For the next month and a half or so, we are the capital of the football universe. If some cool story out of Gopher camp comes out, there will actually be reporters around to grab and dish the story. Gophers beat Air Force and Syracuse going 2-0 into the Cal game? We'll have Wendi Nix doing reports from practice previewing the matchup, then the next day talking about Brett Favre and the Vikings. Gophers don't make any noise? We're right back where we started in the eyes of the national media...irrelevant. Brew will probably get the Vikes to practice a day at TCF so Brett can see the locker room and talk about it in a YouTube video. Then Chris Berman says something about it in passing on NFL Countdown while he spends his usual 15 minutes drooling over #4. So if you couldn't tell, in my opinion, if we make a little noise early, this is a big bonus.

now that Favre is sign with the Vikings. do you think the news media will forget about the Gophers. this is making me worried that the Gophers will get nothing that week, knowning it the opening of TCF bank stadium.

here what i would do. shut the door on the Vikes for 1 week and make the Gophers the 1 number news story of that week.

Considering that the Duluth ABC station cut off ABC Nightly News to cover the Favre presser, yes. This is getting ridiculous. I guarantee there would not be this much hype if Paterno took over as HC of the Gophers. However, if the media coverage does turn in our favor as stated above, bring it on.

The most overrated player in sports history signs a one-year deal, 10 years too late, and the local media acts like Jesus has descended on Vikings Camp.

The most overrated player in sports history signs a one-year deal, 10 years too late, and the local media acts like Jesus has descended on Vikings Camp.
I'm with you, I don't understand the frenzy that has resulted. It's not Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Drew Brees. The game has passed Favre by. There's a reason Green Bay ran him out of town. All that said, I don't care how much coverage the local media gives the Gophers. If I don't have to see that fat little no-necked troll from KSTP or potential shemale Dawn Mitchell talking about the Gophers, that's fine and dandy.

It's nice that Marcia Brady seems to have finally made up his mind.

Sadly, the local media doesn't pay attention to our favorite football team in the first place. So no, it won't change anything.

Top Bottom