Week of 2/4 Non-Gopher Games

3 point shooting in this game Wisconsin 6-23 and Iowa 5-21.

Lol, Iowa shooting 1-10, Wisconsin 0-6 in overtime. And Wisconsin is winning.

TCU beating Kansas would be like Penn St. beating Indiana or Michigan.

This is much bigger than that. KU has not lost 2 games in a row since 2007!!! Think about that for a minute! 264 straight games without two loses in a row. Not to mention TCU is 0-8. Maybe this season the comparison is there, but the historical significance makes this an amazing upset.

Go Gophers!!

TCU wins. And that is why college basketball kicks ass. That's a March Madness moment right there.

This is much bigger than that. KU has not lost 2 games in a row since 2007!!! Think about that for a minute! 264 straight games without two loses in a row. Not to mention TCU is 0-8. Maybe this season the comparison is there, but the historical significance makes this an amazing upset.

Go Gophers!!

I agree. Just trying to put it into perspective. TCU has been beyond bad. They lost their first eight conference games by an average of 16 points.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Wisconsin?

Tomorrow's headline: "Grinch steals win, Christmas"

Really sucks for Iowa to lose back to back games in that fashion, especially when they had a 9 point lead on the Badgers with under 5 minutes to play. Also hate to see Wisconsin win two home games off of bricked T. Jack jump shots that got lucky shooters bounces.

I'm Iowa's got any quit in them, it's going to start showing. They've been beaten down and taken bad beat after bad beat this year.

On the bright side, barely beating Iowa at home means your team sucks and you will struggle to make the tournament. At least Austin Hollins' game-winning three was pretty, instead of donking off both the rim and the backboard before going in.

On the bright side, barely beating Iowa at home means your team sucks and you will struggle to make the tournament. At least Austin Hollins' game-winning three was pretty, instead of donking off both the rim and the backboard before going in.

Every year, Wisconsin's half-court offense looks awful and they struggle to advance in the NCAA tournament. It's time for Bo to retire. They need to get that young guy who's coaching in Virginia. He's a natural fit in Wisconsin. He's the answer to their prayers.

Every year, Wisconsin's half-court offense looks awful and they struggle to advance in the NCAA tournament. It's time for Bo to retire. They need to get that young guy who's coaching in Virginia. He's a natural fit in Wisconsin. He's the answer to their prayers.

Thanks for that profound advice, gopher fan! However, we'll probably stick with the coach who has led us to an Elite 8 appearance, back-to-back Sweet 16s in the last 2 years, 3 Big Ten Championships, 2 Big Ten Tournament Championships, the best road record in the Big Ten, and a habit of never finishing below 4th place in the best basketball conference in America. Not to mention a great win over Minnesota last week.

Perhaps you should worry about winning just ONE single game in the NCAA tournament... (or making it in for that matter)... instead of doling out condescending advice about a rival coach. I know that's often against the Minnesota custom... cheering for and supporting your own team instead of cheering for another team to lose... but MY advice to you is to try it out for once.

Thanks for that profound advice, gopher fan! However, we'll probably stick with the coach who has led us to an Elite 8 appearance, back-to-back Sweet 16s in the last 2 years, 3 Big Ten Championships, 2 Big Ten Tournament Championships, the best road record in the Big Ten, and a habit of never finishing below 4th place in the best basketball conference in America. Not to mention a great win over Minnesota last week.

Perhaps you should worry about winning just ONE single game in the NCAA tournament... (or making it in for that matter)... instead of doling out condescending advice about a rival coach. I know that's often against the Minnesota custom... cheering for and supporting your own team instead of cheering for another team to lose... but MY advice to you is to try it out for once.

I think he was being sarcastic but I wasn't entirely sure. Keep in mind there is a sizable sect of Gopher fans that absolutely adore Bo Ryan.

Actually it was a shot at our own Tubby-haters and the irrational Shaka-love. But for being so confident in your greatness, you sure are sensitive. And yes, Tony Bennett is your dream replacement for Bo...if his offense isn't too highfalutin. He sometimes breaks 70 without 2 OTs...

Is the Wisconsin custom running to other team's message boards to brag and boast about the results of athletic accomplishments that you had absolutely nothing to do with?

Oklahoma employing the 5 in 5 out substitutions against Kansas. Their coach said it was to keep guys fresh and play fast and aggressive the whole game.

UNLV-New Mexico's score is not indicative of the pace, but it's like watching an old UNLV-Loyola-Marymount game. They're getting a shot off about every ten seconds but not hitting anything. It's pretty sloppy, but Dave Rice has his style going.

Oklahoma employing the 5 in 5 out substitutions against Kansas. Their coach said it was to keep guys fresh and play fast and aggressive the whole game.

SDSU played four players 40 minutes, 1 guy 38, and 1 guy 2 today against Oakland. They lost but I wouldn't say they really looked tired either.

Notre Dame and Louisville heading to 4th OT. Creighton in trouble at home against Bryant Allen and Illinois State.

Illinois State hangs on to beat Creighton. Notre Dame and Louisville head to OT #5 after ND gets a garbage putback to tie it up.

I'm laughing at the people who left the game early because ND was down. What an incredible game. These are the kind of games where whomever loses will feel like they just lost two games. I don't want the game to end.

They were talking earlier about one of the refs who is filling in for another that couldn't make it because of the big storm. This guy referred at Marquette earlier today. He's got to be pretty tired.

Bryant Allen is having a nice little career at Illinois St. Is he playing football as well?

Edit: Speaking of leaving early, when I was in high school a bunch of friends and I left a DeLaSalle state tournament game (not sure who they were playing) because it looked like it was over and they would lose. Bad idea. Ended up Ben Johnson brought them back and won the game. Since then, I've never left a game early like that unless it's a blowout. The fans leaving early reminded me of this.

8 players have fouled out. If it goes to another overtime, it may be up to the walk ons.

Another chaotic day. #1 is Duke's for the taking with a win at BC. Do Gonzaga and Miami join them in the top 5?

Top Bottom