Week Four Locks

What are people look at this week?
My sad account balance after last week. Winning on Iowa two weeks in a row is keeping me afloat. Who hates Iowa? Not me the last couple weeks.

Out of state so I can't bet this weekend. Good to take a week off to avoid going on tilt.

Same with me. Iowa has been good to me. All dogs the past two weeks.

I’m looking for some dogs this week.

I've learned there are no locks, lol! Here's my bets this week listed in order of confidence:

Rutgers +20.5 @ Mich
Kent St @ Maryland UNDER 70
Wisc over ND (I bought the spread down to 3.5...I'm thinking 24-20)
Illinois +11 @ PU

My upset special is Syracuse over Liberty on the ML. Least confident in this as they're like +5, but I like the value at +190 or whatever.

EDIT to add I bet BGSU to cover 31 against the Gophers. I'm going with 38-10.

I've learned there are no locks, lol! Here's my bets this week listed in order of confidence:

Rutgers +20.5 @ Mich
Kent St @ Maryland UNDER 70
Wisc over ND (I bought the spread down to 3.5...I'm thinking 24-20)
Illinois +11 @ PU

My upset special is Syracuse over Liberty on the ML. Least confident in this as they're like +5, but I like the value at +190 or whatever.

EDIT to add I bet BGSU to cover 31 against the Gophers. I'm going with 38-10.
Not bad. I actually picked Runtgers to win. Probably not, but what the hell. Those are all good bets.

I like Rutgers Michigan under 49.5, ND to cover vs Wisconsin if not win outright (very tempting money line bet) to start. Will have to look closer but it’s been a good last 2 weekends for me, especially last weekend with the gophs winning plus hitting their over on points

UVA -3.5 vs Wake (Friday)
Mich St -5.0 vs Nebraska
Akron +48.5 vs Ohio St
Oregon -28.5 vs Arizona
Gophers -31 and over 51

Few odd balls this week:
BC +1.5 vs Mizzou
FAU + 4.5 @ Air Force
Los Lobos + 2.5 @ UTEP

OK -- My hammer play:

Kansas St. +6 over Oklahoma St. --- I think they can win this one outright. This is my top upset special pick!!

I also like Marshall +7 over Appalacian St. Thursday night as another dog that could win outright! (that one covered!)
Finally - Bowling Green +31 to cover the Gophers, who will use this game to get ready for the Big Ten and I anticipate a conservative by the book 35-10 type game.

Last edited:

OK -- My hammer play:

Kansas St. +6 over Oklahoma St. --- I think they can win this one outright. This is my top upset special pick!!

I also like Marshall +7 over Appalacian St. Thursday night as another dog that could win outright! (that one covered!)
Finally - Bowling Green +31 to cover the Gophers, who will use this game to get ready for the Big Ten and I anticipate a conservative by the book 35-10 type game.
Good call on KSU. I stayed away from the Big 12 this week because I think so many teams are mediocre that anything can happen...but I like that one and might get on it.

OK -- My hammer play:

Didn’t KState lose their QB for the year?

Didn’t KState lose their QB for the year?

This is a good write-up on their team. They rely mainly on rushing - last week their QB that stepped up was 9-13 passing and runs a lot, too. They have a very good offensive line and a solid defense. This is a really tight series with most games being decided by a TD or less. I like this one a lot!! I am a big Wildcat fan today!! LOL

This is a good write-up on their team. They rely mainly on rushing - last week their QB that stepped up was 9-13 passing and runs a lot, too. They have a very good offensive line and a solid defense. This is a really tight series with most games being decided by a TD or less. I like this one a lot!! I am a big Wildcat fan today!! LOL
Will Howard scares me, but he got it done last week for them. Will Howard, like UVA's Brennan Armstrong was someone who Kirk C recruited quite hard.

I've got a Bowling Green / Wisconsin / Arkansas / West Virginia parlay cooking at +1200...

What website/app would you recommend for betting? Iowa is kinda far

Apparently one can travel from one legal state to another and still bet. Glad that is the case.

Took Notre Dame on the ML +190 and BGSU +31 to cover

Surprised ND is as big of a dog as they are. It's still a large part of a CFP team from last year playing the large part of a .500 West also-ran.

There's some signs that Bowling Green has a reasonable defense and that pairs with very conservative Gopher tendencies when leading MAC-type schools.

I think the hammer play was Bowling Green -- that was WAY too many points.

Apparently one can travel from one legal state to another and still bet. Glad that is the case.

Surprised ND is as big of a dog as they are. It's still a large part of a CFP team from last year playing the large part of a .500 West also-ran.

There's some signs that Bowling Green has a reasonable defense and that pairs with very conservative Gopher tendencies when leading MAC-type schools.
And very conservative tendencies when trailing MAC teams

Made yourself a good chunk to stop the sadness from the gophers losing I hope

Top Bottom