2:15 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Clemson vs. Minnesota
Schlabach: Boston College vs. Rutgers

Go Gophers!!

247 chimes in:

Armed Forces Bowl

Projected matchup
: TCU vs. Minnesota

Like three others in the Big Ten West, the Golden Gophers can still win the division and have a key tiebreaker with Iowa after beating the Hawkeyes on the road on Saturday. The Horned Frogs got smoked at defending Big 12 champion Kansas State and now, at worst, must split four remaining games with Texas Tech, Texas, Baylor and Iowa State to play in the postseason.

Go Gophers!!

247 chimes in:

Armed Forces Bowl

Projected matchup
: TCU vs. Minnesota

Like three others in the Big Ten West, the Golden Gophers can still win the division and have a key tiebreaker with Iowa after beating the Hawkeyes on the road on Saturday. The Horned Frogs got smoked at defending Big 12 champion Kansas State and now, at worst, must split four remaining games with Texas Tech, Texas, Baylor and Iowa State to play in the postseason.

Go Gophers!!

That would be a home game for TCU. I wouldn't appreciate that and I don't think that should be allowed.

ESPN chimes in:

Guaranteed Rate Bowl
Chase Field (Phoenix)
9 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Nebraska vs. BYU
Schlabach: Minnesota vs. Kansas

Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl
Yankee Stadium (New York)
2:15 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Clemson vs. Minnesota
Schlabach: Boston College vs. Rutgers

Go Gophers!!

Nearly zero chance we go to either of those bowls having played there the past two years

Gophers chances of a bowl went from about 50/50 to highly likely with Saturday's win

Gophers chances of a bowl went from about 50/50 to highly likely with Saturday's win

Yup. Three of the remaining five would hopefully give the Gophers a decent shot at Music City or Las Vegas. Four of the remaining five would probably put them at one of those two with an outside shot at the Citrus Bowl. More importantly.....winning four of the last five would probably win the West. With this offense.....Iowa will drop one more. I actually think Rutgers beats them in three weeks.

If the gophers win three more with this offense I think most should be happy. The RB injuries look like they might be substantial

If the gophers win three more with this offense I think most should be happy. The RB injuries look like they might be substantial

Might have to play Marquese Williams until people heal up. Freshman are allowed to play in up to four games without losing their redshirt year.

Nearly zero chance we go to either of those bowls having played there the past two years
Yup. It's almost as if these writers do almost zero research and just use the conference standings to slot teams in, lol. It's almost certaintly Vegas or Nashville unless Minnesota beats OSU. 6-6, 7-5, 8-4 likely end up in those same places.

We literally cannot go to the Pinstripe bowl this year, unless the Big Ten decides to break its own rules on bowl assignments.

We literally cannot go to the Pinstripe bowl this year, unless the Big Ten decides to break its own rules on bowl assignments.

Call me cynical but I don't see that possibility as being remarkable at all (I mean the conference "breaking its own rules").

Action Network (Brett McMurphy) has the Gophers facing Tulane in the Wasabi Fenway Bowl.

That's an interesting matchup as Tulane is one of the best G5 teams this season. Unfortunately the game is at Fenway Park so it's another game at a baseball stadium in cold weather.

Last edited:

Action Network (Brett McMurphy) has the Gophers facing Tulane in the Wasabi Fenway Bowl.

That's an interesting matchup as Tulane is one of the best G5 teams this season. Unfortunately the game is at Fenway Park so it's another game at a baseball stadium in cold weather.
Is the Wasabi Bowl at Fenway Park a Big Ten tie-in this year? If so, did the B1G add it just to extend the Gophers’ baseball stadium streak to 3?

Is the Wasabi Bowl at Fenway Park a Big Ten tie-in this year? If so, did the B1G add it just to extend the Gophers’ baseball stadium streak to 3?
It's only been a bowl for one year. An ACC and an AAC team played in the first one. Maybe there is some flexibility in who this bowl can take or maybe McMurphy is thinking that an eligible ACC team won't be available to fill it.

It's only been a bowl for one year. An ACC and an AAC team played in the first one. Maybe there is some flexibility in who this bowl can take or maybe McMurphy is thinking that an eligible ACC team won't be available to fill it.
That's probably it. I haven't counted, but the B1G is tracking towards 9 or 10 bowl eligible teams and probably unlikely to have 2 in the playoff again. But who knows.

But it's at Fenway!

That is a game I could (and would) easily attend.

Call me cynical but I don't see that possibility as being remarkable at all (I mean the conference "breaking its own rules").
I'd like it if only to watch the hicks around here tell us what a cesspool NYC is again.

And possibly see if crazy band mom melts down on Twitter again.

I'd like it if only to watch the hicks around here tell us what a cesspool NYC is again.
A cesspool? Seriously?

NYC is freaking awesome. I absolutely love it, far, far more than I do Boston.

I only ask the football gods two things if we make a bowl game: (1) someplace south of the mason dixon and (2) not in a baseball stadium.

I only ask the football gods two things if we make a bowl game: (1) someplace south of the mason dixon and (2) not in a baseball stadium.
This. At the beginning of the season, there was a thread about what would define 2023 as a successful season for the Gophers. My reply: Two trophies and a bowl game not held in a baseball stadium. That's still a possibility.

I'm with you on this. I'd change it slightly to "someplace warm" rather than south of the Mason-Dixon. Vegas would be fun for a visit. Is the Fiesta Bowl a realistic possibility?

Last edited:

Top Bottom