Week 7 Big Ten Power Rankings

Isn't it something like only THREE teams have won games in the B1G when they have had to travel 2 time zones or more? Indiana, Minnesota, and Penn State. Have there been any others? The Gopher win at UCLA might be a bit more impressive for breaking into that "two or more time zone travel win" department if it weren't for the fact UCLA has lost 2 of those 3 games.

The favorite has won the travel games in all but 2 situations.

Oregon (and they weren't the underdog by much) and us ... that's it.

It's not travel, the better teams won.
I don't pay attention to betting lines very often - but I've heard Burns, and Scoggins both speak on this in the last few weeks and I put trust in their takes. So the travel from the west coast to the interior is a non factor for you, or just not for the last week?

I don't pay attention to betting lines very often - but I've heard Burns, and Scoggins both speak on this in the last few weeks and I put trust in their takes. So the travel from the west coast to the interior is a non factor for you, or just not for the last week?
It’s not College Football is not the first sport to travel.

Nobody talks about it for any other sport like it’s a big deal.

Last edited:

It’s not College Football is the first sport to travel.

Nobody talks about it for any other sport like it’s a big deal.
Huh - I feel like this is always a talker, across sports! YMMV I guess. A lot of these athletes are in effect holding two jobs at once (academics and athletics) coupled with the strains of travel and break from routine.

Top Bottom