Week 6 Other Games Thread

Jerrybilt is probably going to take a two score lead into the fourth quarter. Didn’t see that coming?

I'm too drunk to look, when was the last time Minnesota defeated the number one team in the country?

That little grab qualifies as holding in the SEC. Let me show you some Wisconsin highlights. C’mon Vandy…pull it off

1977 I believe, 16-0 shutout of Michigan. I think PSU was #2 when we beat them in 1999.
Maybe already mentioned on another thread, but Gopher basketball great, Trent Tucker, told the story during his Sat AM KFAN show of how his official visit to Minnesota was the weekend of this game. It sold him on Minnesota.

Max Brosmer really is an upgrade at QB this year (over the Rutgers QB). I hope the Gophers can make a good season out of it because this is not a historically bad Gopher football team. There is some good talent on both sides of the ball.

As a consultant, how did he build the team?
I don't think it's a coincidence that the majority of places he's been at have gone from lacking competence prior to his arrival to competent, whether he's been a coach/consultant/whatever. I get people don't like him and he burned bridges but he knows what he's doing and his input, regardless of role, appear to have a significant impact on a program's growth from failing to mediocre.

Every once in a while when a punter hits a bomb for the other team and/or has just a good day punting it blows my mind that our boy PJ has our punter Pooch kick from all parts of the field. He’s such a dip shit with stuff like that. The Nebraska kicker probably just won the game.

PJ's chances at the Vandy job have taken a hit...

I don't think it's a coincidence that the majority of places he's been at have gone from lacking competence prior to his arrival to competent, whether he's been a coach/consultant/whatever. I get people don't like him and he burned bridges but he knows what he's doing and his input, regardless of role, appear to have a significant impact on a program's growth from failing to mediocre.
Appreciate your reply and you make valid points, but his contributions as a consultant are hard to quantify.

I personally think he is a good coach overall and has his limitations, like the vast majority of coaches and people on general. I wished, he’d been more gracious after his departure.

I just don’t think the Vandy coach should be shorted, although it’s his first HC gig, his assistant coaching pedigree is impressive; cool thing is he's an alum and who knows, maybe he ends up being their Fitz.

2006UCLA (GA)
2007South Dakota State (LB)
2008South Dakota State (RC/LB)
2009UCLA (GA)
2010–2011UCLA (LB)
2012Bowling Green(LB)
2013–2015Syracuse (LB)
2016Wake Forest(LB)
2017Notre Dame(LB)
2018–2020Notre Dame (DC)
2021–presentVanderbilt

Top Bottom