Week 5 Other Games Thread

Lopsided score is a bit surprising but Iowa beating Maryland is not. That 3 point line was a joke as I don't think Maryland is that good at all.

Next weeks showdown between Iowa and Penn State is going to be very interesting and has the potential to be a preview of the Big Ten title game the way the two teams have played so far this year.

Is Iowa the best team in the Big Ten?
I dunno, a bad CSU team played them tough. Iowa State looked like the better team but tough to win -4 in turnovers. I want to see how they do against an equally talented team that doesn’t turn it over.

Is Iowa the best team in the Big Ten?
Right now, it looks like it, but PSU will test them.

That Iowa defense is one of the best I've seen in quite some time.

To deny that would appear to be sour grapes. I'm a Gopher fan, but I recognize good football when I see it.

It's a ways off, but right now the Gophs would be a 8-10 point underdog to Iowa. In Kinnick... perhaps more.

If they are the B1G is having a very down year.
None of us care for Iowa, but it looks like your hatred is clouding your mind.

I don't know how you can watch them and not be impressed.

They are impressive and if you watch football, they are as fundamentally sound as you will see.

That Iowa defense is one of the best I've seen in quite some time.

To deny that would appear to be sour grapes. I'm a Gopher fan, but I recognize good football when I see it.

Yes, one should never deny the truth as one sees it because of emotional attachments. Too much of that going around these days. Before the season started, I thought the Gophers had a fair chance of beating Iowa this year. Now it looks like no chance. The good news is that everyone else in our division plus Maryland (a de facto member of the Gophers' division lately since we'll play them for the 6th straight year) looks beatable.

None of us care for Iowa, but it looks like your hatred is clouding your mind.

I don't know how you can watch them and not be impressed.

They are impressive and if you watch football, they are as fundamentally sound as you will see.
They are at best average on offense. When’s the last time that poor of an offense won the B1G? They’ve had some fortunate luck with turnovers and their schedule has been easier than expected. They struggled to put away a really bad CSU team that decided not to beat themselves. They didn’t look better than ISU, but ISU shot themselves in the foot. Ohio State is clearly down, Wisconsin is down, Michigan is down, NW is down, PSU is about what they’ve been for the past decade. The B1G is clearly down this year.

Last edited:

31 points in a quarter? Iowa doing work

They are at best average on offense. When’s the last time that poor of an offense won the B1G? They’ve had some fortunate luck with turnovers and their schedule has been easier than expected. They struggled to put away a really bad CSU team that decided not to beat themselves. They didn’t look better than ISU, but ISU shot themselves in the foot. Ohio State is clearly down, Wisconsin is down, Michigan is down, NW is down, PSU is about what they’ve been for the past decade. The B1G is clearly down this year.
Whatever, champ.

We can’t talk, we lost to BG
Like the people that will laugh at uw if they're 1-3 with losses to PSU, Notre Dame, and UM even if the Gophers are 2-3 with losses to Bowling Green and Purdue. Then at the end of the year they'll beat the Gophers like (basically) always.

Like the people that will laugh at uw if they're 1-3 with losses to PSU, Notre Dame, and UM even if the Gophers are 2-3 with losses to Bowling Green and Purdue. Then at the end of the year they'll beat the Gophers like (basically) always.
internet-troll-600x398.jpg

WI crowd really thinned out in the 4th qtr.

WI crowd really thinned out in the 4th qtr.
They’re bad on offense: like bad.
Minnesota has struggled. Wisconsin is bad.

Their defense likely helps them still win 6-7 games this season though.

Top Bottom