Buckeyes Wire chimes in:

SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl​

Thursday, Dec. 30
ESPN, 10:30 p.m. EST
Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, Nevada
Bowl Tie-Ins: Big Ten vs. Pac-12
Bowl Projection: Minnesota vs. Stanford

Go Gophers!!

ANY of those would be welcome. Would mean that we didn't reach the goal of winning the West though. Mississippi State, Baylor, Stanford....can't remember when we saw those teams last. I'd prefer to not play Auburn again so soon. Texas A&M would be awesome. Set off Wright against his previous team.

247:

Music City Bowl (Dec. 30)

Projection:
Minnesota vs. Kentucky

How high can the unbeaten Wildcats actually finish in the SEC this season? Kentucky will be favored in next weekend's showdown with LSU and still controls its own destiny in getting to the SEC Championship Game. Who expected that at the midseason mark? Minnesota's path to bowl eligibility goes through upcoming matchups with Nebraska, Maryland, Northwestern and Illinois.

Went in '04 to Nashville. Alabama game. Nashville is a fun place to visit.
If MN doesn't win the West, Nashville is absolutely the place I'm hoping they'll go.

I don't know exactly where this fits, but there's a bright side to this season. Its still young but so far, except for one blemish vs. Bowling Green not bad at all.

Theres Hope in Gopherland! They'll hold their own with a good chance in most any bowl game thats likely.

Jerry Palm chimes in:

Dec. 30Music Cityteam logo
Minnesota
vs.
team logo
Texas A&M
Big Ten vs. SEC3:00 PMNashville, Tenn.

Go Gophers!!
If Jerry Palm says bowling, you know the Gophers will be. That guy typically won't mark the Gophers as "in" until they have their 6th win. I think the 2019 team started 5-0 and he was considering the possibility that the Gophers might make Quick Lane if they catch Illinois on a slow day.

A&M in Nashville would be a solid matchup.

I’d love to go to Phoenix, nashville or Vegas

Only downside to Nashville is it's not as warm as some of the other places, but it's a fun place to visit for sure.

Lets just focus on getting bowl eligible first. If we beat Bowling Green, could be a lot easier, but schedule looks tough to get to 6 wins from here, especially with Pott's health scare.

If MN doesn't win the West, Nashville is absolutely the place I'm hoping they'll go.
If? Iowa wins hands down & Gophers can't beat Wisconsin...in the words of our feared leader come on man!

Detroit City Bowl...does that even still exist.

Lets just focus on getting bowl eligible first. If we beat Bowling Green, could be a lot easier, but schedule looks tough to get to 6 wins from here, especially with Pott's health scare.
I don't think us talking about possible bowl destinations has anything to do with how the team will perform.

If? Iowa wins hands down & Gophers can't beat Wisconsin...in the words of our feared leader come on man!
LOL...jeez, I'm glad you weren't advising Churchill back in the day. We'd all be speaking German right now.

LOL...jeez, I'm glad you weren't advising Churchill back in the day. We'd all be speaking German right now.
Do you really think Gophers will beat Iowa or Wisconsin?
Spreken ze deutsche?

Agree with the first part. Disagree with the second. This team isn't vintage Wisconsin and is arguably worse than the Wisconsin team that the Gophers beat in 2018. Also, Wisconsin won last year's game on a missed field goal in overtime.

Yeah. Not a bad bowl either. Detroit is underrated in that it’s rated very poorly and is decent

I believe the Detroit bowl is back to being a matchup against a MACC team (instead of an ACC team) this year so that bowl definitely would be a disappointment.

Agree with the first part. Disagree with the second. This team isn't vintage Wisconsin and is arguably worse than the Wisconsin team that the Gophers beat in 2018. Also, Wisconsin won last year's game on a missed field goal in overtime.
Actual hope we whip Wisconsin but given Gophers injuries, qb efficiency, their playing down to the level of the opposition I'm not as confident as you.

Its still young but so far, except for one blemish vs. Bowling Green not bad at all.

It's not so bad but it's not so good either. So far, the season is worse than we hoped it would be and that's not just because of the Bowling Green loss. The defense and special teams have developed nicely but what many of us thought was our primary strength going into the season (offense) definitely has been worse than expected and it's not limited to one deficiency. Tanner has been worse than expected, the offensive line has underperformed, the receivers are fragile, and we may have to proceed without our top two running backs. Of course, there is also the play calling to date.

Actual hope we whip Wisconsin but given Gophers injuries, qb efficiency, their playing down to the level of the opposition I'm not as confident as you.

I'm neither confident nor unconfident. I disagreed with the words "Gophers can't beat Wisconsin." I believe Wisconsin definitely is beatable. Whether the Gophers do that remains to be seen.

Yeah. Not a bad bowl either. Detroit is underrated in that it’s rated very poorly and is decent
Detroit is a decent spot but I think they game is played December 26th which causes some issues.

Top Bottom