Week 3 Big Ten Power Rankings

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Spartans Wire first out of the gate:

8. Minnesota

Record: 2-1 (0-1 in Big Ten)

This week’s result: Win at Colorado, 30-0

The Golden Gophers dominated Colorado on the road this weekend and would be higher on this list had they not lost their star running back Mohamed Ibrahim for the year. I don’t believe the Golden Gophers have a super high ceiling anymore this year but have proven they can still contend for a bowl game despite Ibrahim’s injury.

Go Gophers!!

Land Grant Holy Land chimes in:

10) Minnesota (2-1) | 30-0 Win Over Colorado | Previously No. 12

I think Minnesota is a pretty good team, but this was a weird one for me, because both the Gophers and the Buffalos looked very different here in Week 3 than they did in Week 2. Minnesota went from struggling against Miami (OH) to dominating a Pac-12 team. While Colorado went from nearly upsetting top-10 Texas A&M to getting shut out at home. Gonna need more data before I feel good about the Gophers’ placement.

Go Gophers!!

Wolverines Wire chimes in:

10. Minnesota

Now this was impressive. Minnesota went on the road against a team that hung tough with Texas A&M and blanked it.

Colorado got next to nothing in the passing game and less than nothing in the run game, getting minus-19 yards on 21 carries. Meanwhile, Trey Potts continued to put up impressive numbers with 121 yards on 26 carries while the team put up 277 yards on the ground. Tanner Morgan wasn’t asked to do much and managed the game.

The Gophers are 2-1 and will move up in future weeks. But we need to see more before launching them above the other teams ranked ahead of them.

Go Gophers!!

Spartans Wire first out of the gate:

8. Minnesota

Record: 2-1 (0-1 in Big Ten)

This week’s result: Win at Colorado, 30-0

The Golden Gophers dominated Colorado on the road this weekend and would be higher on this list had they not lost their star running back Mohamed Ibrahim for the year. I don’t believe the Golden Gophers have a super high ceiling anymore this year but have proven they can still contend for a bowl game despite Ibrahim’s injury.

Go Gophers!!
8 doesn’t really bug me but the justification does. If our run game had gone in the tank I would get it. But we have run the ball really well in the two games since Mo was injured.

Top Bottom