Week 12 Other Games Thread, 2020 Season

The trend of turning down 3 points and going for it on 4th down is getting out of hand.
Yeah. Analytics say do it more often...but the averages would be different if you did it every time and would probably tell you to to kick a FG LoL

Holy cow, 9 straight punts after the half in Wisc-NW ??? And most of those are 3 and out (as would need to be the case)

NW takes the interception and turns it over on downs while only using up 2mins.

Wisc has 6mins to make two scores.

Not sure what the analytics says but Wisconsin went for it on 4th and 6 in the early 4th instead of taking 3 points while down 7

Then they punted down 10 with 6 minutes left on 4th and 4

Seems like they’re doing it wrong

Being hurt or actually being a crap qbs are the only reasons a qb might play poorly. It’s one or the other.

Fitzgerald is incredible but NW time management is driving me a little crazy, snapping the ball with 11,12, 13 sec on the play clock. They have a faster tempo nursing a lead than we do under normal circumstances.

Not sure what the analytics says but Wisconsin went for it on 4th and 6 in the early 4th instead of taking 3 points while down 7

Then they punted down 10 with 6 minutes left on 4th and 4

Seems like they’re doing it wrong
Even worse, the punt was from inside the NW 40.

Last edited:

Maybe this season is closer to 2018 than 2017, for Wisc.

Wisconsin is who I thought they were

Very good but not a great team. Clear top 25 but definitely not a top 5 type team (and definitely not a national contender). Just like they are almost every year.

Wisconsin is who I thought they were

Very good but not a great team. Clear top 25 but definitely not a top 5 type team (and definitely not a national contender). Just like they are almost every year.

Can we beat them?

Wisconsin had 17 possessions in this game and scored on 1 of them.

You can argue all you want, but sconnie has the same record as the Gophers. 2-3

Case in point, they forfeited two games cuz they were missing their precious qb...we were missing 25 players and coaches and still played the game.

six of the big ten football coaches have monosyllabic last names. I include schiano. Seems odd. Fleck frost day christ schiano brohm.

FYI - Northwestern closes the season @MSU, @Minnesota, Illinois.

How high do they get ranked by the end of the season?

How did we lose so badly to Michigan?

Evidently our weak defense looked really weak in their first game playing together this season.

And we were punting the ball about 17 yards and missing kicks.

Evidently our weak defense looked really weak in their first game playing together this season.

And we were punting the ball about 17 yards and missing kicks.

Wow. I need to watch Rutgers beat up on Michigan.

Top Bottom