Week 10 Other Games Thread

I love College Football!!!

WHO HATES IOWA???

GO GOPHERS!!!

Texas Tech is rocking some awful uniforms tonight on FS1 I believe their helmets are supposed to look like the Texas state flag.

Florida completes just 3 passes but still dominates over Georgia. They have one RB rush for 197 yards, the other with 192.

Doesn't Florida realize only completing 3 passes will prevent them from recruiting good receivers???

Doesn't Florida realize only completing 3 passes will prevent them from recruiting good receivers???

I'm just shocked they were so successful being so predictable on offense (aka just handing the ball off to their RBs).

So, a 4-3 Florida team downs #11 team in the nation. Using poll-logic, the defeat of their SEC foe should elevate Florida to #12 or so. Maybe top 10?

Nice to see TCU get a tough win.

Georgia will drop two spots while Florida will move up 12. That's usually how it works.

Wonder what went into the decision to make Ohio State and Illinois a night game on ABC?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

is it just me, or has auburn got the luckiest damn breaks ever since they got screwed by the bcs in 2004?

Georgia will drop two spots while Florida will move up 12. That's usually how it works.

Its the SEC. Every team in the conference will be tied for number 1 in the nation. Also, ESPN will include them all in (and at the top of) their NFL power rankings.

is it just me, or has auburn got the luckiest damn breaks ever since they got screwed by the bcs in 2004?

Yeah they sure do seem to be on the good side of those breaks.

Gotta give the big beluga whale down in Arkansas some credit, their team is getting better. Almost took out the #1 team tonight.

Yeah they sure do seem to be on the good side of those breaks.

Gotta give the big beluga whale down in Arkansas some credit, their team is getting better. Almost took out the #1 team tonight.

He gets a lot of crap on this board, and I'll get crap for saying this, but I think he can coach. He may not last without conference wins two seasons in a row, but the hogs are getting close.

He gets a lot of crap on this board, and I'll get crap for saying this, but I think he can coach. He may not last without conference wins two seasons in a row, but the hogs are getting close.

Copy and paste the threads about our QB and their's.

Definitely, I thought for sure Ole Miss was gonna go ahead and win both times they ended up fumbling. Feel bad for Treadwell ugly injuries from that type of tackle/play seem to be more and more frequent.

How far does Ole Miss drop? They should be outside the top 10 but I wouldn't doubt if they don't.

A scenario that, although unlikely, is very much possible:
The SEC west beats up on each other so every team has at least two losses except Miss. St.
Miss St. loses to Bama or Ole Miss so they have one loss going into the SEC championship.
Georgia wins the east with three losses (they lose to Auburn and then Missouri loses two of their last three games) and then Georgia beats Miss St. in the SEC championship.
All four of the other power conferences have a no loss or one loss champion.

All hell would break lose because either a) a two loss team who didn't win their conference will get in over a one loss conference champion or b) the SEC gets shut out. A lot to be sorted out yet, but it is fun to think about.

What's with all these teams going to grey uniforms when the school colors are something entirely different? Nostalgia for the Confederacy?

or b) the SEC gets shut out. A lot to be sorted out yet, but it is fun to think about.

Boy oh boy, could you imagine how loud the outcry would be for an 8 team playoff in that scenario? It would be done before MLK Day.

I was thinking, if we beat another team... it could only be Iowa. On second thought, it might be Nebraska. Bo always seems to get in the way of their success.

True, Nebraska generally goes flat one or two games each year, but there is too much at stake now. They have a real shot at the B1G title. I'm afraid they will be up and ready for us - they looked good even without Abdullah.

Top 4 for next week seems very obvious. 1. Miss St, 2. FSU, 3. Auburn, 4. Oregon.

Will be interesting to see how far Ole Miss drops. Certainly back to back losses should drop them below MSU and K-State, I think. MSU likely will move up one to #7, but after what I saw from TCU today I think Sparty would wipe the field with TCU on a neutral field.

What's with all these teams going to grey uniforms when the school colors are something entirely different? Nostalgia for the Confederacy?

Seeing UCLA in the all grey uniforms and matte grey helmets was particularly jarring to me. It almost reminded me of another one of those freaky Oregon uniforms. I mean really, why would you do that? Why would you mess with one of the most iconic (and in my opinion, one of the prettiest) uniforms in all of college football? Lame, UCLA, really, really lame.

And RE: Bret Beliema, yes, he is a very good coach, and Arkansas would be utterly foolish to fire him (which I really highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt they will). He's got that team right on the verge, but for me anyway he remains just as dislikable as ever despite the fact he's no longer debasing our conference, as the man is just an uber ass.

Top 4 for next week seems very obvious. 1. Miss St, 2. FSU, 3. Auburn, 4. Oregon.

Will be interesting to see how far Ole Miss drops. Certainly back to back losses should drop them below MSU and K-State, I think. MSU likely will move up one to #7, but after what I saw from TCU today I think Sparty would wipe the field with TCU on a neutral field.

Except Oregon lost at home to a middling Arizona squad and very nearly lost to a horrible Washington State team. I watched both games and lost my faith in Oregon. I think they would lose to TCU. TCU lost on the road to a good Baylor team and WVU is nothing to sneeze at. They are a very good team themselves.

We can argue the transitive properties of these wins and losses all day but the simple fact is nobody knows who the best 4 teams are. This is why almost all sports leagues settle these things on the field.

@Fieldof68Freak Twitter takes a guess at what the CFP's top 10 will look like this week. Attempt to mimic what the committee will do.

Top Bottom