MSU at Iowa
Florida at Georgia
Baylor at Iowa State
Clemson at Notre Dame
Rutgers at OSU
Ga. Southern beats someone
etc.

YEP!

I felt bad for Colorado St. losing their coach last season. Good to see them doing well today.

A 1 win, 2 loss Michigan sounds pretty enticing. Not as good as 0-3, but still would be good to see.

Wyoming tonight

A Jay Sawvel defense has a bunch of personal fouls ... seen that before.

Jay Sawvel was one the best things ever to happen to Minnesota Gopher Football.

And to take it one step further, the timing was wrong but the Kansas State coach would have been our best hire, absent PJF, or a smarter call on TC. We missed on getting Chris K, too bad.

Furthermore, If PFJ left, a great outcome would be for the Wyoming Staff, including Bohl to be beamed into Dinkytown, no questions asked. The results would be solid, if not spectacular. No Wacker, no Brewster no BS, just hard nosed football.

For the record, I find NDSU to be very annoying, but those coaches know what they are doing.

Last edited:

Watching the BTN 60 minute replay of the Gopher vs Illinois 2014 game. Man - Ryan Santoso had a leg!

Jay Sawvel was one the best things ever to happen to Minnesota Gopher Football.

And to take it one step further, the timing was wrong but the Kansas State coach would have been our best hire, absent PJF, or a smarter call on TC. We missed on getting Chris K, too bad.

Furthermore, If PFJ left, a great outcome would be for the Wyoming Staff, including Bohl to be beamed into Dinkytown, no questions asked. The results would be solid, if not spectacular. No Wacker, no Brewster no BS, just hard nosed football.

For the record, I find NDSU to be very annoying, but those coaches know what they are doing.

Bohl is a good coach, but if you ask Wyoming fans about him you'll hear a lot of the Jerry Kill type talk about how he seems greatly limited by his refusal to change the offense ... staff, etc.

Bohl is a good coach, but if you ask Wyoming fans about him you'll hear a lot of the Jerry Kill type talk about how he seems greatly limited by his refusal to change the offense ... staff, etc.

I agree but 8-4, 7-5 or 6-6 is more likely, for years, under Bohl/ Kill types based on history. I am not sure that is what I'd aspire to, but it is better than Brewster/ Wacker/Salem years of 7-59 losses all day long.

Bohl is probably trying to use the NDSU model where he has a great system and better talent, but at Wyoming the talent is not quite superior enough to hold up vs. Boise St. (cheaters)

I am not sure this would hold up in the Big Ten either, but I respect Bohl's approach. We will see if Chris Kielmann can do the same in the Big 12.

I'm interested in every one of the Big Ten game this week, except Rutgers losing in Columbus (just a question of by how much).

Was Mich St's win a fluke? Is Iowa really down?
Is NW for real? Will Nebraska continue to be down?
Is Indiana for real? Was Mich's loss a fluke?
Was Mary's win a fluke? Is Penn St really down?
Who gets their first win between the Gophers and Illini?

Last edited:

Haven't watched a ton of Wyoming or K-State, but I think Bohl runs the exact same schemes as he did in Fargo, while Kliemann I think might be more open to changing things up to fit the Big XII.

NDSU won/wins because they get/have more talented players to Fargo than most of the rest of the FCS programs in the nation can get (players who go to G5 programs in the rest of the country). NDSU is the G5 for the upper plains/midwest. If they played in the MW, they'd be the same thing as Colorado St right now.

With notable exceptions (*cough*Josh Allen*cough*), Wyoming can't get better players than the programs that do really well in the MW each year. Boise is always there, but you seemingly have other programs popping up each season to be ranked. Utah State one year, Air Force the next, San Diego St, Fresno, and so on. Colorado St should do much better than that have. McElwain was trending up, and everything since he left has been a disappointment, especially with a new low-P5 level stadium there.

I agree very much that Bohl would be very similar to Jerry Kill, if he ever got the green light in Dinkytown. For better or for worse, whatever that means to you.

Time is definitely running out for Bohl, to be the captain of a P5 ship. He turned 62 this summer. That must feel like forever since taking over NDSU in its first year of transition in 2003, when he turned 45. With him not being able to get over the hump vs Boise, it is only a matter of time before Wyoming booster get restless and want to try something else, instead of settling for what Bohl appears to give them on average.

BYU crushes Boise on the road. This will be probably the best win they have to sell to the committee, if things really go haywire. I just don't think they have the schedule the warrants consideration for the playoff, no matter what. Even though they might be a top 5-6 team in the country.

I'm sure few people nationwide cared or watched the San Jose vs San Diego game last night, but the portions I caught was actually pretty entertaining ... and chippy. SJ is a good team. Will be interesting to see if they do anything in the MW this year.

BYU is still working to schedule additional games this year. All part of a wild 2020 season...

BYU crushes Boise on the road. This will be probably the best win they have to sell to the committee, if things really go haywire. I just don't think they have the schedule the warrants consideration for the playoff, no matter what. Even though they might be a top 5-6 team in the country.

I'm sure few people nationwide cared or watched the San Jose vs San Diego game last night, but the portions I caught was actually pretty entertaining ... and chippy. SJ is a good team. Will be interesting to see if they do anything in the MW this year.
Agree on the SOS for BYU is not great, and will probably drop. #9 seems really high.

I'm sure they'll desperately try to add a team for next weekend. But who wants to play them? And who's even available?

In a normal year ... who knows how the defense would've developed with a normal spring, summer, fall, two warm-up games (FAU and Tenn Tech, although FAU might've been a challenging game, given what we've seen so far), and then Iowa in the third game.

You never know. But BYU is obviously legit this year.

Would we have beaten BYU?
No way.
Our offense is good but our defense is bad.

Maybe if we played them in the middle of season or late in the season (if they defense improves to being average)

IU offense laying the wood to Mich defense so far. Really like IU's uniforms as well. Classic with a subtle flare added.

Last edited:

Michigan is struggling against IU. If Michigan loses, ppl will say harbaugh’s seat will be hot. But who are you going to replace him with? If Michigan cans harbaugh they could be in for some long depressing seasons. Michigan certainly has fallen from a top power program to a middle of the pack team.

Michigan is struggling against IU. If Michigan loses, ppl will say harbaugh’s seat will be hot. But who are you going to replace him with? If Michigan cans harbaugh they could be in for some long depressing seasons. Michigan certainly has fallen from a top power program to a middle of the pack team.
Well...two weeks ago out here it was Fleck.

Maybe Michigan and us will be paired up to meet again for that last 9th game this season because we both suck this year.

Would the Little Brown Jug be in play again? 🤔 Be nice if both teams agree that it should be since it will be a regular season game. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Minnesota's Transitive Property Index is at an all time low. Early 80s Northwestern has nothing on us right now.

Top Bottom