Week 10 Big Ten Power Rankings

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Buckeyes Wire first out of the gate:

#7. Minnesota

The reason for the ranking​

I’m not sure anyone really appreciates the job that P.J. Fleck is doing with this ballclub. It’s a seasoned team, but not that talented, and injuries have been a major concern at the tailback position. You’re going to get the kind of stinkers we saw against Illinois this week when you’re dealing with all of those variables.

Go Gophers!!

Spartans Wire chimes in:

8. Minnesota

Previous power ranking: No. 5 (down three spots)

Record: 6-3 (4-2 in Big Ten)

Last week’s result: Loss vs. Illinois, 14-6

Minnesota appeared to be a team we could buy into for winning the Big Ten West Division at this time last week. Today, however, is a different story after a home loss to Illinois. Minnesota is a decent team but evidently not a great team with home losses to Bowling Green and Illinois now on the season.

Go Gophers!!

Wolverines Wire chimes in:

8. Minnesota

Just when you think you have a finger on what Minnesota is, it goes out and loses a game inexplicably. P.J. Fleck just signed a seven-year contract extension this week and lays an egg.

Tanner Morgan threw for 180 yards and two interceptions while the run game got nothing going, only managing 89 yards. The College Football Playoff ranking is assuredly gone now that the Gophers have three losses, but this still could be a nine-win team though it appears unlikely with Iowa and Wisconsin still on the schedule.

Go Gophers!!

Land Grant Holy Land chimes in:

8.) Minnesota (6-3, 4-2) | 14-6 Loss to Illinois | Previously No. 4

I know that the Gophers have been unfairly decimated by the injury bug, especially at the running back position, however, I did not expect this result.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom