Week 1 Other Games Thread

Just watched TCU gash Colorado right up the middle on multiple plays to start the second half.

TCU WR Danny Davis with 3 punt returns including a punt return TD. Pretty quick player. Good hands.

OK. Colorado is either absolutely terrible, or just playing terrible. Wow.

Brutal loss for Illinois.
So, the announcers said Indiana had 70 yards of total offense going into the last drive. So Illinois says lets switch to our prevent defense???? That way they can go the length of the field to score the winning touchdown and we'll have no time left to do anything now that we are behind. Great strategy...brutal coaching.
You play not to lose and you lose.

So, the announcers said Indiana had 70 yards of total offense going into the last drive. So Illinois says lets switch to our prevent defense???? That way they can go the length of the field to score the winning touchdown and we'll have no time left to do anything now that we are behind. Great strategy...brutal coaching.
You play not to lose and you lose.
They definitely had more than 70 yard of total offense by that time.

Illinois lost, but they play hard, they hit hard and the have some talented athletes. They scare me a little.

Colorado vs TCU was almost unwatchable. I think back to the Gopher offense the last two years, and then contrast it with what we saw against New Mexico State, and it's hard not to conclude that Fleck needed to make that change at OC. Colorado looked disjointed, confused and ragged on offense.

Michigan State: the jury is still out on them. I wasn't sure what conclusions to draw, if any.

Illinois lost, but they play hard, they hit hard and the have some talented athletes. They scare me a little.

Colorado vs TCU was almost unwatchable. I think back to the Gopher offense the last two years, and then contrast it with what we saw against New Mexico State, and it's hard not to conclude that Fleck needed to make that change at OC. Colorado looked disjointed, confused and ragged on offense.

Michigan State: the jury is still out on them. I wasn't sure what conclusions to draw, if any.
I have MN winning west but am expecting them to drop an unexpected game vs Ill, neb, or Purdue (not all three obviously)

Game of the Week: Irish and Bucks.

Who do you like?

Illinois has some talent, not sure they have the discipline and execution down. I think with KC back we do much better vs that defense. I don’t see them racking up a lot of points on us. MSU looks to be pretty talented offensively, defense didn’t look great.

Early window games I'll be keeping an eye on:
SDSU @ Iowa (-10.5) FS1
#13 NC State @ ECU (+12.0) ESPN

Good lord. Petras looks horrible. I think there's a different QB starting for Iowa when they play the Gophers in November.

I'm assuming Arland Bruce IV for Iowa is the son of Arland Bruce III of the Gophers? His Iowa profile only mentions his mother.

Good lord the Iowa offense is hard to watch. Their defense looks solid but their offense might actually be worse than last year and that is saying something because their offense last year was horrible.

Top Bottom