Week 0 Other Games Thread

How is it possible to have negative air yards per attempt?

If it were a backward throw it's a running play. Is this throwing a ton of screens where the ball was thrown forward a few yards, but caught behind the LOS?
Yep. This is calculated based on where the ball ends up in comparison to the LOS.

Jeff Choate the Nevada coach probably isn't someone to overlook as he left the Texas Def Coord role to take this job. If nothing else, this should give PJ plenty of material to get the team's attention.

Jeff Choate the Nevada coach probably isn't someone to overlook as he left the Texas Def Coord role to take this job. If nothing else, this should give PJ plenty of material to get the team's attention.
I mean no one is a cake walk if we play poorly, but I see no reason to fear Jeff Choate in his first season as a HC.

The playoffs were set until Alabama beat #1 Georgia in a shocker. If you beat the best, you are in.

FSU then lost to Georgia 63-3. LOST, not won, but obliterated.

Now they choked against Virginia Tech.

I want to say about half the FSU starters sat it out but I might be pulling that out of my behind.

Regardless, Alabama had already previously lost to TX by two scores, and that defense just wasn’t up to typical Saban standards. Setting up a potential rematch in the CFP rather than promoting a team that earned it on the field felt like a good ole boy decision. We’ll never know if the FSU defense may have done better than Alabama’s vs Michigan. Anything can happen in CFB.

I want to say about half the FSU starters sat it out but I might be pulling that out of my behind.

Regardless, Alabama had already previously lost to TX by two scores, and that defense just wasn’t up to typical Saban standards. Setting up a potential rematch in the CFP rather than promoting a team that earned it on the field felt like a good ole boy decision. We’ll never know if the FSU defense may have done better than Alabama’s vs Michigan. Anything can happen in CFB.
I don't think FSU had any key starters sitting out. I think it's just the way some commentators were referring to how they were missing several key starters this year. By that they were actually talking about the losses to the NFL.
Here are some of the notable players they lost to the draft:
  • Jammie Robinson - Safety
  • Keon Coleman - Wide Receiver
  • Johnny Wilson - Wide Receiver
  • Jaheim Bell - Tight End
  • Jared Verse - Defensive Lineman
  • Fabien Lovett - Defensive Lineman
  • Renardo Green - Defensive Back
  • Akeem Dent - Defensive Back

I don't think FSU had any key starters sitting out. I think it's just the way some commentators were referring to how they were missing several key starters this year. By that they were actually talking about the losses to the NFL.
Here are some of the notable players they lost to the draft:
  • Jammie Robinson - Safety
  • Keon Coleman - Wide Receiver
  • Johnny Wilson - Wide Receiver
  • Jaheim Bell - Tight End
  • Jared Verse - Defensive Lineman
  • Fabien Lovett - Defensive Lineman
  • Renardo Green - Defensive Back
  • Akeem Dent - Defensive Back

Well, you made me look it up. Twenty seven players sat out or transferred including their two top WRs, top receiving TE, two top QBs (first string injured), and 5 defensive players that went on to be drafted. Three others were injured.

No, it doesn’t totally excuse that embarrassment of a game as I’m sure Georgia had some players do the same but I’ve come around to the idea sometimes necessary mindset and motivation being present or absent does play a larger role with some players and teams, and things can snowball. The worst part is it will add ammo to future CFP decisions to punish other teams missing factor X,Y, or Z.

Last edited:

Top Bottom