Wedley Estime- Show Love

I'm not 100% sure but I think that facebook page could be construed as an NCAA violation. I would recommend removing it.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that facebook page could be construed as an NCAA violation. I would recommend removing it.
Agree. It is great to show recruits that they would be welcomed with open arms, but this might be taking things too far. The NCAA doesn't like tampering.

Jesus guys, this happens 100x over with helmet schools, their fans are all over these guys. Not even close to an NCAA violation that would get acted on.

Agree. It is great to show recruits that they would be welcomed with open arms, but this might be taking things too far. The NCAA doesn't like tampering.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is the difference between writing, "Minnesota wants Wedley Estime" on www.facebook.com and writing, "Minnesota wants Wedley Estime" on www.forums.gopherhole.com? I think if it is a violation to write it publicly on facebook, it is also a violation to write it here. Not saying either is or isn't. Just saying.

hahah no *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#! Are you guys scared an NCAA member will be givin you a call?

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is the difference between writing, "Minnesota wants Wedley Estime" on www.facebook.com and writing, "Minnesota wants Wedley Estime" on www.forums.gopherhole.com? I think if it is a violation to write it publicly on facebook, it is also a violation to write it here. Not saying either is or isn't. Just saying.
Good point. Didn't consider that. Either way my stance stays the same. If any recruit wants to play here, great. If not, good luck elsewhere.

Making a specific page on facebook would seem to be a clear attempt at communicating with the recruit. The page is being created with the hope that the recruit will see it. Discussing recruits on a message board is a different thing. Its more of a discussion amongst fans, not a form of communication with a recruit.

Whether the NCAA would enforce the rule or not I still think its a bad idea. If helmet schools are indeed doing this sort of thing they are likely to have many, many more fans working on it then we would anyway. I doubt it would look very impressive from our end. Better to let the coaches do the recruiting and watch from a safe distance.

Actually, it should be removed for invoking bad memories for all by mentioning "Gopher Nation"

how is that any more of a violation than panther numb nuts friending the kid on facebook and then proceeding to talk crap about the gopher program?:confused:

It isn't. They both are.

I remain curious as to how setting up a page on Facebook titled "I love Wedley Estime" (not allowed, you say) is different than starting a thread here called "I love Wedley Estime" allowed, you say.) In either case, the author is starting the topic to convey the message to the public at large that they hope Estime goes to Minnesota. People direct messages and threads at recruits all the time on this board in the context of discussing football. To you, that would seem to be an NCAA violation. Again, not saying it isn't, but I'm curious about the lines you are drawing.

Top Bottom