Weber's glove

Gopher Bandanna Guy

Irascible Skeptic
Reaction score
Anybody else notice the glove on Weber's throwing hand against MSU? Unusual choice, but who can argue with the results.

Wayne Larivee astutely pointed it out about midway thru the game (might have been the only call all night he got right... man, was he terrible)

Not certain if it made a difference on the balls Weber threw, but I felt like I saw a lot less wobble on his throws in the MSU game. I'm zipping thru my DVR now and watching the OSU game to see...

Any thoughts?

Noticed it right away and I have no problem with it. He did look like he was throwing it better. Some great QBs wear gloves and it works well for them:

Kurt Warner
Tom Brady
Ben Rothlisberger to name a few

Noticed it right away and I have no problem with it. He did look like he was throwing it better. Some great QBs wear gloves and it works well for them:

Kurt Warner
Tom Brady
Ben Rothlisberger to name a few

Right, and I have no problem with that either. I'm just curious more than anything as to what prompted him to try the glove. A coaches suggestion, or something else?

Maybe - but I think it was no colder than it was for the Purdue game, and he didn't wear it then.

Pretty sure that Big Ben and Brady wear gloves during inclement weather. Don't know the reasoning beyond its easier to grip the ball.

Roethlisberger indeed wears a glove. So do Tiger Woods, Albert Pujols, Jennie Finch, Patrick Roy, and Michael Jackson.

But, Tate Forcier also wears one. So, mixed results.

Roethlisberger indeed wears a glove. So do Tiger Woods, Albert Pujols, Jennie Finch, Patrick Roy, and Michael Jackson.

But, Tate Forcier also wears one. So, mixed results.
:clap::clap::clap:

...and for you REAL old-timers so did Mickey Hatcher and Bombo Rivera!

To be fair, Patrick Roy doesn't play anymore so I doubt he wears a glove

To be fair, Patrick Roy doesn't play anymore so I doubt he wears a glove

Photos of him coaching, taken recently:

060628_roy_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

nhl_a_roy_195.jpg

340x_custom_1242680234738_20090517__20090518_B01_SP18HKNAVS_p1_01.JPG

h051924A.jpg

Please note his hands in each photo.

Anybody else notice the glove on Weber's throwing hand against MSU? Unusual choice, but who can argue with the results.

Wayne Larivee astutely pointed it out about midway thru the game (might have been the only call all night he got right... man, was he terrible)

Not certain if it made a difference on the balls Weber threw, but I felt like I saw a lot less wobble on his throws in the MSU game. I'm zipping thru my DVR now and watching the OSU game to see...

Any thoughts?

It's Bionic, developed by the U's physics dept.:cool:

its definitely easier to grip the ball. The colder it gets the tighter the ball gets and the less moisture is on it making it harder to grip

Mickey Mouse wears gloves and his career has been nothing short of brilliant.

Mickey Mouse wears gloves and his career has been nothing short of brilliant.

The white gloves on black was a brilliant fashion decision. I'm not sure if weber pulled off that kind of runway success. Maybe if he didn't lock into his first set of gloves, or hold on to his gloves to long. Maybe if he didn't change the process in which he put his gloves on, or tried to change the motion in which he secured them, he would reach that kind of success.

And let us not forget OJ Simpson. Has there ever been a more infamous glove related story?

Top Bottom