Weber

gophervet

Reaction score
Now this is not just another thread to bash Weber because I think we do have bigger problems than him. I do have a question about his leadership though. I have seen Weber out quite often in social situations and I have never seen him with a member of this football team. Also, it seems like when he makes a mistake, no one on the team really offers him any comfort and he doesn't seem to do that to anyone either. Is Weber not only a poor quarterback, but also not really well liked? I have heard some grumblings from people that he is a prick, but it seems this year that he surely isn't helping matters from a leadership standpoint. Maybe others agree or maybe I am just seeing things.

Weber is always defended by the stat hounds. They don't realize that Weber is a prime example of why solid stats don't make a solid QB. His poor decision making, bad down field reads and never audiblizing should really be glaring.

Couldn't hit water falling out of a boat. If we just had 7 foot tall receivers then maybe Weber wouldn't be able to overthrow them.

Weber is the son of a HS football coach. Nothing is worse that trying to undo the work of Dad The HS coach.

Why can't Brewster see what many fans see. Weber shouldn't be our starting QB. Last night was another example as he was unable to lead a wide open receiver. There were at least 3 touch downs the Gophers should have had, had Weber not thrown behind, thrown short, or thrown over the head of open receivers. Not to mention down by 11 points and throwing short pass after short pass as time is running out. Weber's stats show a lot of passing yardage last night but how many of these completed passes were very poorly thrown balls that the receivers caught inspite of Weber?

It's time to start developing next years QB's. By sticking with Weber, Brewster is supplying the U with the nails for Brewster's own coffin.

The U can have my season tickets next year. I have seen enough.

No he's not..?
I thought he was....

Ooops.... I need to correct myself. He's not. His dad played for the Gophers from 1974 - 1977.

I think I confused him with the kid from a smaller school out in western MN who the Gophers looked at but passed on. His dad was coach of the team. I think it was Hutchinson.

Weber thinks he's in the NFL licking his fingers with no urgency to compete - like his leadership, fire, energy, enthusiasm - reminds me of Tebow - not hahahaha. Weber = No Leader. Brew has nothing to lose at this point. Anyone can hand the ball off. His stats are meaningless w/o W's except on paper. You r right about the players not liking weber.

Weber thinks he's in the NFL licking his fingers with no urgency to compete - like his leadership, fire, energy, enthusiasm - reminds me of Tebow - not hahahaha. Weber = No Leader. Brew has nothing to lose at this point. Anyone can hand the ball off. His stats are meaningless w/o W's except on paper. You r right about the players not liking weber.

Isn't Weber a Mason recruit? He committed in August 2005. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Funny how Brew could lose his job with his "prize recruit" Gray not starting at QB.

Top Bottom