Weber throwing motion

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I saw Weber miss a number of guys who were pretty open today. I wonder if messing with his throwing motion had anything to do with that?

Let's hope he figures it out...

I saw Weber miss a number of guys who were pretty open today. I wonder if messing with his throwing motion had anything to do with that?

He definitely was off-target through most of the first three quarters. Some were caused by pressure, but many were just bad throws to open receivers.

The multiple throws to players ankles were killing me.......

He was missing a lot of throws last year, too. when he completes passes, a lot of times the receiver has to slow down to make the catch. He rarely completes long passes that the receiver needn't break stride to catch

Last year he was no where close to as bad as yesterday. Sure, he didn't hit every throw last year (no one does) but he wasn't way off on so many short little slants and outs. Why the heck did they tamper with his throwing motion??!!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This confuses me as well. If Weber completed at his normal percentage against Syracuse we win by at least two scores. Hope it really was on the receivers and not the throwing motion.

Also wondering why we didn't see more running out of him? Either by design or scrambling. Sure didn't seem like he ran at all. Maybe that was more of a spread offense thing and we won't see as much of that now.

throwing motion and running

I'm not sure why they didn't run him a little more just to keep the defense honest. It gives them one more thing to worry about. Maybe they are saving that for later and don't want to tip too much for the games coming up. You can only wonder but what is the purpose of a dual threat QB if you only use one threat. Last year I know they didn't have a lot of confidence in the back-up QB so didn't want to get Weber hurt. However, this year I think they have some confidence in Gray even though he is inexperienced.

Sometimes a new coach comes in with an experienced player and tries to tweak them a bit to establish themselves as a knowledgeable coach with something new to offer. Often it is not necessary but as a retired coach of more than 30 years experience I've seen it happen many times.

Top Bottom