Weber starts next year guaranteed

Ballard8383

Reaction score
Everyone knows Weber will start next year, no matter what you all say. They aren't going to let grey run the offense because they know he is not capable. Grey can play WR for next year. Weber is the captain and face of the team and he'll start the entire season and do well. Hopefully the WR's don't drop 50%+ Td passes next year and the team could actually be successful. Also, if the O-line could give a little time for a pass he wouldn't have to be rushed and thrown to the ground. If any of you ever read nfl draft projection pages, numerous state that Weber is projected to be chosen in round 5-7 the 2011 nfl draft but I guess thats not really good. And the only reason the projections are that low is because his team makes him look so bad. Maybe everyone should stop tearing Weber and look at the real reason this team is not successful: coaching, defense, WR, O-line.

They aren't going to let grey run the offense because they know he is not capable. Grey can play WR for next year.
What would even make you contemplate shifting Gray, by all measures a top QB recruit, to WR?

Everyone knows Weber will start next year, no matter what you all say. They aren't going to let grey run the offense because they know he is not capable. Grey can play WR for next year. Weber is the captain and face of the team and he'll start the entire season and do well. Hopefully the WR's don't drop 50%+ Td passes next year and the team could actually be successful. Also, if the O-line could give a little time for a pass he wouldn't have to be rushed and thrown to the ground. If any of you ever read nfl draft projection pages, numerous state that Weber is projected to be chosen in round 5-7 the 2011 nfl draft but I guess thats not really good. And the only reason the projections are that low is because his team makes him look so bad. Maybe everyone should stop tearing Weber and look at the real reason this team is not successful: coaching, defense, WR, O-line.

Receivers can't catch balls that are 5 feet behind them. I supported Weber for the better part of this year but he's not making throws a high schooler can make. It's time for a change unless something drastic happens in the offseason where he regains his form (literally?).

I am saying move him to WR for next season, because he won't be playing over Weber. Then Grey can play Qb the season after if he is the best for the job

By the way any draft service projecting Weber as a 5-7 round pick has to be a couple years old. He's maybe a RFA pickup, but even then I'd be surprised.

Ballard8383 let me phrase the question to you another way. I understand you feel that Weber is going to be handed the starting job next year. That's fine, and is likely true. How does that translate into moving Gray to WR rather than using him as a change of pace QB/reserve?

If Gray were to win the position in the Spring would you suggest moving Weber to WR? If not why not?

Why don't you think weber will win the job? He'll be in the same offense going into his second year. Last time he did this he ended up 2nd Big Ten all conference. There is no guarantees but you can look at history and least have some argument to say things will get better for him. This handing the job to Weber is just foundation for the myth machine to get started up again. *smh*

...and it will guarantee to be Brewsters last season.......

Worst post ever. Weber had up to 10-15 seconds of protection many times during the Illinois game (the last one I attended) and in 95% of cases either whipped the ball 10 feet over his receivers' heads, got sacked because he couldn't find an open man (including an almost ALWAYS open Tow-Arnett), or threw it directly at a defender. He is incapable of playing the game of football at this time. The last 4 games are evidence of that.

Worst post ever. Weber had up to 10-15 seconds of protection many times during the Illinois game (the last one I attended) and in 95% of cases either whipped the ball 10 feet over his receivers' heads, got sacked because he couldn't find an open man (including an almost ALWAYS open Tow-Arnett), or threw it directly at a defender. He is incapable of playing the game of football at this time. The last 4 games are evidence of that.

Come on Pete, no QB has ever had 10-15 seconds of protection and you know it. Stop being so dramatic. I'll give you missing receivers, but you are far from reality on everything else. Looks aren't everything Handsome Pete, sooner or later you will have to start using your brain.:rolleyes:

give him a few games if they click, are better and win some games let him stay starting. If it's like this year all over again he better be pulled or its brews job. I also think maybe after a year in the system they should be a little better but idk the last game this year they were having problems you should have in the first game. I really dont know it's up in th air at this point.

"guaranteed", "never", "always" are almost always over-the-top assurances that are never guaranteed.

-1 bajillion

If Weber is starting against MTSU, I will officially be off the Brewster bandwagon and will help start "Fire Brewster" chants at next year's games.

Why would you tie your career to an absolutely abominable player who isn't even your own recruit? I seriously question Brewster's intellect if he allows this to happen.

If Gray's not ready, throw Alipate or Parish out there. Lueck even. Hell, Stoudermire played QB in HS - put him out there. Anyone but Weber.

I continue to hope the QB that improves the most and gives the Gophs the best chance to win starts next year. I have a hard time believing that is anyone but Weber.

Before we even get to next year....what do you think the team will do with the 15 additional practices before the Bowl game? Will Gray actually get a full series to show his potential in the Bowl game (minus the late drive against OSU 2nd team)? Weber needs to clear his head....quit having happy feet in the pocket and relax. Our offensive line needs some serious help so hopefully some rest will help them but if we go against Oklahoma in the Bowl Game it could be quite interesting.

As far as Weber being a late draft pick in the 2011 draft? We are talking football right??? Or are we talking the UFL? Maybe Dennis Green will pick him up for his Las Vegas Locomotives squad.

Still have 15 practices in December, a bowl game, 2010 recruiting class, spring practice, spring game and fall camp to determine whether Weber, Gray, Alipate or some other unknown gives us the best chance to win. No use coming up with rash and finalized statements.

If Weber is starting against MTSU, I will officially be off the Brewster bandwagon and will help start "Fire Brewster" chants at next year's games.

Why would you tie your career to an absolutely abominable player who isn't even your own recruit? I seriously question Brewster's intellect if he allows this to happen.

If Gray's not ready, throw Alipate or Parish out there. Lueck even. Hell, Stoudermire played QB in HS - put him out there. Anyone but Weber.

Agreed, If Weber starts next year I will be in the fire Brewster camp. If Gray starts I give him a few more years. I will not go to games or watch games next year if Weber is our QB

Bankonit- So IF Gray tanks as a starter after a few games are you going to want Weber starting again? Granted, we don't truly know Gray's full potential but to say you will not watch or go to games next year if Weber is our QB is absurd. That is truly the a fair weather fan for you. And people get upset at Students for not attending games....what a joke.

Weber probably will be the starting QB, but there should definitely be an open competition.

The OL shares some of the blame. But unless I've been watching a different game than everyone else, I think the OL has been pass protecting quite well the 2nd half of the season, minus the SDSU game. I thought they gave Weber time against PSU, wasn't bad against OSU, very well against MSU, did ok against Illinois (I think the # of sacks in that game were a bit misleading to how they played) and provided some time against Iowa.

The WR's share some of the blame as well, especially against OSU & Iowa. Quite a few dropped balls that were catchable. That's never a good thing when your QB already is lacking confidence and when he actually does make a good throw, the play isn't made. McKnight could have an a TD against Iowa, two receivers running in's right into each other, Allen stopping his route with Weber wanting to lead him, a few Stoudamire drops, hitting Lair in the facemask, etc. are a few examples of this.

However, the overall presence on the field concerns me about Weber and is why I think he'll never be more than an average Big Ten QB AT BEST. Too many cases of escaping the pocket only to throw it at the shoelaces of Tow-Arnett, firing the ball high or low way too often, and just being a complete spaz in the pocket. The 4th down play typified Adam Weber. Play wasn't there, so he scrambled STRAIGHT INTO THE LINE WHERE ALL THE PLAYERS WERE.

i will take this bet! i am 100% positive weber will not start next season!

Bankonit- So IF Gray tanks as a starter after a few games are you going to want Weber starting again? Granted, we don't truly know Gray's full potential but to say you will not watch or go to games next year if Weber is our QB is absurd. That is truly the a fair weather fan for you. And people get upset at Students for not attending games....what a joke.

No I won't want Weber starting again. I don't ever want to see Adam Weber take another snap. It is insane to keep Weber on the field and expect different results. He sucks and will continue to suck with every snap he takes, He is getting worse and worse every week.

No I won't want Weber starting again. I don't ever want to see Adam Weber take another snap. It is insane to keep Weber on the field and expect different results. He sucks and will continue to suck with every snap he takes, He is getting worse and worse every week.

i guess i dont understand why its all on weber? our wr's and oline have not been outstanding or even average! the guy i have been most disappointed in this season is mcknight. if he could catch we would have beaten illinois and iowa. we also would have looked better against sdsu! he has 5 td drops this season and they were well thrown balls. maybe hayo should have gotten off his ass and made it up here earlier!

maybe everyone should just face the facts and understand weber will be starter next year. Only way he is not is if he gets injured. Weber is by far the best man for the job, everyone on here talks nonsense.

i guess i dont understand why its all on weber? our wr's and oline have not been outstanding or even average! the guy i have been most disappointed in this season is mcknight. if he could catch we would have beaten illinois and iowa. we also would have looked better against sdsu! he has 5 td drops this season and they were well thrown balls. maybe hayo should have gotten off his ass and made it up here earlier!

Should McKnight have caught the 5 yard pass in the endzone in the Illinois game when it bounced off the turf and into his shins? Weber simply can't throw a catchable ball, when has he ever hit any receiver in stride? They constantly need to adjust to his poor throws

maybe everyone should just face the facts and understand weber will be starter next year. Only way he is not is if he gets injured. Weber is by far the best man for the job, everyone on here talks nonsense.

I take it you have not watched a game? Because if you actually saw a game you would see Weber bouncing balls 10 feet in front of his receivers or sailing balls 10 yards past them

Should McKnight have caught the 5 yard pass in the endzone in the Illinois game when it bounced off the turf and into his shins? Weber simply can't throw a catchable ball, when has he ever hit any receiver in stride? They constantly need to adjust to his poor throws

Correct me if im wrong other posters but wasnt there a bomb of 50 yards or so that bounced off his chest when he had 1v1 with the safety im pretty sure this was the illinois game.

So, of posters polled:

49.5% Have a time machine and can guarantee that Weber is the starter next season
49.5% Believe that last year's 2nd team all-Big Ten was some fluke wherein every time Weber missed a throw, someone else just happened to be there to catch it, and that regardless of any other factors, every other player on this roster would be an improvement at QB next season
1% Live in and comprehend the football world as it actually is.

this sound about right to everyone?

Top Bottom