Weber looked the best at Broncos Camp!

Weber

Good to hear!!

BTW, post #8 in that thread reads:

"This kid has some skills, and he played alot and was well coached at UM by former Shanahan Broncos assistant, Tim Brewster"

I agree that he has skills, but that second part is laughable...

Nort, I was just about to post that. While I am excited Weber looked good, to say that he was well coached by Brew shows this guy obviously never watched a Gopher game.

You're reading it wrong. It should say "This kid has some skills, and he played alot and was, well, 'coached' at UM by former Shanahan Broncos assistant, Tim Brewster"

Love this comment from the blog

"This kid has some skills, and he played alot and was well coached at UM by former Shanahan Broncos assistant, Tim Brewster."

Did I miss something the last two years???

You're reading it wrong. It should say "This kid has some skills, and he played alot and was, well, 'coached' at UM by former Shanahan Broncos assistant, Tim Brewster"

No, but you apparently missed the previous 4 posts.

Reminds me of one of the best Simpson's bits ever:

41779_108150085877767_7812_n.jpg

I wish him well. I really do. I just don't see him ever taking a regular season NFL snap. Hopefully I'm wrong on that.

No, but you apparently missed the previous 4 posts.

No, I didn't. I changed the meaning of the sentence, but putting commas around the word "well".

"This kid has some skills, and he played alot and was, well, 'coached' at UM by former Shanahan Broncos assistant, Tim Brewster" is different than "This kid has some skills, and he played alot and was well coached at UM by former Shanahan Broncos assistant, Tim Brewster". The latter implies that Weber had good coaching, but the former doesn't imply that he had good coaching, but rather that to even call it coaching is generous.

IA_Broncosfan53 said:
NO way. I "like" Weber, but I saw him against South Dakota or whoever the gofores lost to opening week last year. I've watched him be incredibly inconsistent in big ten play. I think he would be decent depth, but we can't have a rodent graduate guiding the team.

And was he playing against the 3rd team defense?

Can't expect anything less from a Jerkeye..

The "Weber for starter!" posts there must be refreshing for Adam, if he looks at such things.

No, I didn't. I changed the meaning of the sentence, but putting commas around the word "well".

"This kid has some skills, and he played alot and was, well, 'coached' at UM by former Shanahan Broncos assistant, Tim Brewster" is different than "This kid has some skills, and he played alot and was well coached at UM by former Shanahan Broncos assistant, Tim Brewster". The latter implies that Weber had good coaching, but the former doesn't imply that he had good coaching, but rather that to even call it coaching is generous.

It was supposed to be a response to the post below. Don't know how it picked up yours.

"This kid has some skills, and he played alot and was well coached at UM by former Shanahan Broncos assistant, Tim Brewster."

Did I miss something the last two years???

Weber couldn't be going to a better team.

Orton is almost too good to stay a backup in Denver, the wheels have seemed to fall off with Quinn, and Tebow is likely to get a little dinged up. I have serious questions about Weber as an NFL QB, but he will get his chance to make the team and compete to be backup (eventually).

Good luck Adam!

I think a lot of you missed the sarcasm and ridicule the OP of that thread was subject to, but at least one guy thought he played well. If they trade orton and don't get a QB back I guess he'll make the roster. Good for him.

What's more likely for Adam, UFL or CFL?

What's more likely for Adam, UFL or CFL?
I bet he will be in the NFL for more than 5 years. If he had played for one OC or in Mason's system for five years, he might have been an All-Big Ten selection.

I bet he will be in the NFL for more than 5 years. If he had played for one OC or in Mason's system for five years, he might have been an All-Big Ten selection.

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

he had his old buddy Decker to throw to. Probably gave him some confidence knowing one of the receivers who knew what kind of ball he tosses.

I wish him well

He always seemed like a class act. And it's best for the program if he succeeds. Would I have preferred that they went with Gray last year? Yeah. But now that things have worked out the way they have, it would be awesome if the guy who put in the time and provided the leadership got a chance for a paycheck.

He will make the roster in Denver.

I know many of you really want to blame all of our past woes on Weber, but he is a class act with pro level tools. Yea, he got the yips sometimes, but with all of the system changes he had, the pounding he took and most of the receiver not knowing a post pattern, I would like to see you guys stand in their and get your head taken off. I know it would have been nice to see Gray's gifts out on the field, but Adam gave his heart and sole to the Gophers and it would have been nice to see him in Kill's system.

"Hopefully, plus he threw to our future star wide out Eric Decker, so that is also a plus if Tebow fails to prove anything, we already know Quinn isn't gonna get a shot."

That says all you need to know about everything in this thread. There is one person in the entire world that Adam Weber can throw a football to, and it's his buddy Eric Decker. If he and Decker can play on the same NFL team and every single pass that Weber throws is to Eric Decker, then Adam Weber has a fair chance to complete a pass in an NFL game. God forbid, though, he ever has to throw to someone else. He'll likely miss them by 5 or 10 yards more times than not.

He will make the roster in Denver.

I know many of you really want to blame all of our past woes on Weber, but he is a class act with pro level tools. Yea, he got the yips sometimes, but with all of the system changes he had, the pounding he took and most of the receiver not knowing a post pattern, I would like to see you guys stand in their and get your head taken off. I know it would have been nice to see Gray's gifts out on the field, but Adam gave his heart and sole to the Gophers and it would have been nice to see him in Kill's system.
I agree and it is easier to blame the most visible guy on the field than the system he played under. Did we even have a system? Good players make coaches look good. does bad coaching make good players look bad? I think we are about to find out.

I can make the counterargument to this: why always blame the system? The "system" produced many wide-open receivers within 5 to 10 yards of a Junior- and Senior-year QB and he would miss them very often. These misses led to a great many stalled drives, and lost close games as a result. Perhaps Adam will shore up his feet, gain some confidence, and stop missing easy passes that my grandma could make. He needs to do that if he wants to play in the NFL. He'd have been a drafted prospect, and could have won the U many more games if he had been able to do that at the U.

I agree and it is easier to blame the most visible guy on the field than the system he played under. Did we even have a system? Good players make coaches look good. does bad coaching make good players look bad? I think we are about to find out.

Wow, lot of negative posts on this thread. Kid plays for the Gophers, has to deal with a new system every year. Players not running their routes, line men not protecting him. I think he did pretty good under the circumstances. How much better will he be under better coaching? We don't know yet, but why beat up on him?

Top Bottom