Weber has a tell - anyone notice this?

gophertree

sec 211 row 4
Reaction score
I just read this on CFN:

"A little note for Purdue this week and the rest of the Big Ten. Minnesota QB Adam Weber is tipping his pitches. If I’m seeing this then I’m sure a highly-paid Big Ten defensive coordinator must notice the same thing. When a pass play is supposed to go to the left side, Weber dips his left shoulder when he’s under center and has a severe body lean to the left when he’s in the shotgun. When the play calls for the pass to go to star WR Eric Decker on the left side, Weber might as well be turned 90-degrees."

I hadn't necessarily noticed this, but in re-watching the WIS game he looks to be correct. Brutal.

In defense of Gophertree......

I guess you can't be too hard on Gophertree - the Gopher coaching staff probably doesn't
know about it either or they would have tried to stop him!!!!

Maybe the good news is they found out now too......

Weber has a tell?

What about the whole offense? Decker out on 2nd down = run, Whaley in backfield = Whaley run, and of course Gray taking snap = Gray runs. Brilliant play calling!

I watched the 2 minute drive of the Gophers to end the Wisconsin game again last night. What I noticed was that Weber was looking to Decker's side of the field, even when his pre-snap read should have told him to go elsewhere. Minnesota was lining up Decker all alone on the left side of the formation with 2 (or 3) receivers on the right side. Wisconsin countered by lining up a CB against Decker, with a S directly behind that CB about 10 yards further down the field. Weber should have been looking right at the snap, but would instead look left (to Decker) first.

I want to make it clear that I think Weber is the best QB for this team right now, but I have been disappointed by what I feel is a lack of progression from him.

yes. He's has at least three other really good targets now, with Hayo waiting for an opp too. It would be nice if he'd take advantage of our talent just a little bit better. I thought we'd see some progression last weekend. It has to happen soon.

I get that it's been ann issue for a while, but I had never seen it spelled out like this. And seriously, if it's this obvious for this long how has nothing been changed?

From what I hear they have been working on it for 2 yrs. He can't do it. We are stuck for awhile and have to hope for the best.

What's to change? Haven't you seen Abdul-Khaliq's Weber poster?

If this isn't fixed pronto, there's something quite wrong at Bierman no matter how long they've known about the problem.

You *JUST* noticed this?

I don't remember hearing about this either. Not that I don't trust you guys, but I'd love to see some links to previous discussions of this "tell." Okay, truth is I don't trust you.;)

How many interceptions has Weber thrown this year that haven't been on 4th down or when he's scrambling for his life?

You'd think with this "Tell" Weber would have more picks and Decker would be lower than 3rd in the nation in receiving.

It must be because Weber benefits from a great running game and solid pass protection.

Top Bottom