Weber and Decker tidbits

matt

Let's get weird
Reaction score
Since Orton wasn't traded to Miami, it looks like Weber will be fighting with Brady Quinn for the 3rd QB spot. Provided the Broncos don't pick up another QB (which seems unlikely), Weber should at least make the practice squad. It seems like Quinn will probably get the spot considering he has more experience with the team and is on a 5 year, $9 million+ contract. The good news for Weber though is that Quinn and Orton are both on the last year of their contracts, and I doubt they will both be resigned. This could give Weber a good chance of at least being the number 3 QB next year in Denver if he makes the practice squad this year.

As for Decker, he's rockin some new facial hair.
decker.jpg

I think Orton eventually will be cut. The Broncos are willing to take a hit this year with inexperience at QB to set themselves up for 2012. Might be over analysis, but we'll see.

I think Orton eventually will be cut. The Broncos are willing to take a hit this year with inexperience at QB to set themselves up for 2012. Might be over analysis, but we'll see.

He's the starter. It's already been said. He's been murdering it in practices.

I think Orton got a $1.5 million roster bonus a week or two ago. Makes me think that they would've traded him or released him prior to that kicking in if they were going to get rid of him. As a Broncos fan, I'm hoping they ride with Orton until the season is out of reach (sadly probably about week 6) and then ride with Tebow the rest of the season and see if he can contribute or if they need to look for another future QB.

As far as Weber goes...practice squad has got to be his best chance to stick this year. No way the Broncos drop Quinn to make room for Weber on the active roster (if somehow-someway they do cut Quinn, I'm thinking they'd roll with 2 active QB's on the roster for this season).

Orton is a top 20 NFL QB. If they trade him they are dumb. I think they will.

Zero chance of that. The John's aren't willing to punt 2011 for a shot at Luck. I don't buy that theory. Besides, I think they would win 6-8 games with Tebow anyway.

In semi-related news Jeff Wills was cut by the Jets the other day.

Traye Simmons has looked good in camp for the Chargers.

VanDeSteeg is playing in the UFL as is Lee Campbell.

Top Bottom