Weber 20-45 and 2 Interceptions.....

Look, Weber was bad today and no one is arguing that.

The only point I was trying to make was that the offense has been the most consistent product on the field this year. I think that Minnesota fans are conditioned to rag on Weber on reflex alone and I don't think it is very reasonable.

I may be playing my trombone on the Titanic, but at least I am not running around like a chicken with my head cut off pushing the women and children out of the life boats.

between Weber and the stupid playing of some of the other players we lost this game today. This one wasn't Brewster's fault.

How is it not his fault? Holy Jebus! Isn't it his responsibility to have a team prepared to play? Sloppy play overall. I generally have supported Weber in the past because of a poor supporting cast but he was pretty bad today. If the season is lost I think I bench him and have the next in line better prepared.

I don't understand. did Weber fumble the ball on a sure TD? Did Weber get burned in pass coverage? Miss multiple tackles?

I have been under the impression that the problems lie on the defensive side of the ball.

Weber did overthrow a WIDE OPEN receiver for a TD. A play the Purdue QB made perfectly a few minutes later. It was just a perfect example of why he is always the second best QB on the field. A TD there for the Gophers could have had a significant effect on the rest of the game.

The only point I was trying to make was that the offense has been the most consistent product on the field this year.

So they can't be better then? Because they are better than the D means they need no upgrades. We've seen Weber and the offense be wildly inconsistent for FOUR years. They are not good enough. If Gray is truly that bad, I want to see it.

This is stubborness. Gray played QB a little in each game last year and got a little garbage time too. Now he switched positions and doesn't play QB at all? The year before he seemingly would be the starter? It doesn't make sense, and it makes even less sense for a dead coach to not try something different, especially with his most prized recruit. I don't get it, and goodbye Brewster.

I'm fairly confident you haven't been proven right yet. I agree Brewster has to go, but to pretend you've obviously known better than him all along is absurd. Weber obviously hasn't been that good this year, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as you seem to think, and you have no way to know Gray wouldn't be worse.
I would have started Gray today, if not for Weber chasing some career numbers. And I hope Gray starts before the end of the year. Not because he's necessarily more likely to win games, because we're playing for pride and the future now, and that's when you go to the young guys and see what you've got.
Weber didn't cost Brewster his job. Brewster's inability to coach cost him his job.
You sound like an idiot when you post things like this.

Weber is a great guy, but the reason we have not progressed during the two years I've been watching very closely is Weber's inability to lead the team when it matters. All of his good plays have been when it didn't really matter. I just don't understand why he's not given Gray a start. It must be that Brewster has zero faith in Gray...so what does that mean for next year...Moses? If Gray was as close as Brewster tried to say he was during the spring competition, it's criminal that he NEVER pulled Adam once. Adam could throw ten picks in a row and he still wouldn't pull him. That's why he needs to be fired. People can't defend Weber's play nor Brewster's decisions any longer.

The only point I was trying to make was that the offense has been the most consistent product on the field this year. I think that Minnesota fans are conditioned to rag on Weber on reflex alone and I don't think it is very reasonable.

I may be playing my trombone on the Titanic, but at least I am not running around like a chicken with my head cut off pushing the women and children out of the life boats.

Nice analogy. So can I assume that you'd drown in this analogy? I think I will.

I don't understand. did Weber fumble the ball on a sure TD? Did Weber get burned in pass coverage? Miss multiple tackles?

I have been under the impression that the problems lie on the defensive side of the ball.

I love the "Weber can't tackle" defense. 0 points at halftime. His first half stats have to be the worst in the country.

So you think...

...LAST year the offense cost the team probably several wins, and caused a close game against SDSU. LAST year the defense showed ability, yet the OFFENSE, under a terrible quarterback, cost us several games. LAST year did you make the same stupid excuses as to why we should keep playing a horrible, horrible quarterback?

Two years ago, the offense wasn't great, but was pretty successful until Decker went down. That same Decker who always bailed Weber out of bad passes. Yeah that guy. Weber never could get the ball to anyone else, and after Decker went down, the season went down the tubes. Brewster and "Gopher Nation" blamed Mike Dunbar. Yeah, that same Dunbar who took a freshman Adam Weber and made him into the guy that you forever support.

The next season, Jedd Fisch, who now is roaming the sidelines with a much bigger NFL paycheck, couldn't get Adam Weber to throw straight. Gopher Nation blamed Fisch again, not Weber, though it was pretty clear that all three of these people were inept as far as Gopher gameplanning and execution.

This year, under Jeff Horton, Weber has been mediocre to terrible in every game, being outplayed by everyone from backups from small schools to freshmen to future Heisman Trophy candidates. Yet, Weber again is not to blame? This year, it's not Dunbar, it's not Fisch, it's the defense causing the offense's failures. Another year, another offensive failure, and another excuse. There are only two constants in this year-to-year madness, that being Adam Weber and Tim Brewster. Put two and two together...it's not hard to show who the culprits really are.

You, sir, are as delusional as Mr. Brewster. Mr. Brewster got fired for being delusional. Unfortunately, you don't get to have that same experience.

Top Bottom