Weber 20-45 and 2 Interceptions.....

Rickman55

Banned
Reaction score
between Weber and the stupid playing of some of the other players we lost this game today. This one wasn't Brewster's fault.

This one wasn't Brewster's fault

Yeah, but it is Timmy's fault for keep running him out there. Gray should have played after the N. Illinois debacle.

The Weber fans owe me a huge appology. For 3 years I've been preaching to get Weber out of there. Brew's stubborn refusal to change is going to cost him his job. He'll fire his coordinators but he won't fire Weber. Ta Ta Timmy. Don't let the locker room door hit your dumb ass on the way out. ABB (anybody but Brewster)

Yep, more garbage time success for Weber. Agree that Gray should have been given the reigns earlier. He may not know the offense as well, but at least he has upside.

Kind of a shame that he has a number of Gopher QB records.

The Weber fans owe me a huge appology. For 3 years I've been preaching to get Weber out of there. Brew's stubborn refusal to change is going to cost him his job. He'll fire his coordinators but he won't fire Weber. Ta Ta Timmy. Don't let the locker room door hit your dumb ass on the way out. ABB (anybody but Brewster)

I'm fairly confident you haven't been proven right yet. I agree Brewster has to go, but to pretend you've obviously known better than him all along is absurd. Weber obviously hasn't been that good this year, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as you seem to think, and you have no way to know Gray wouldn't be worse.
I would have started Gray today, if not for Weber chasing some career numbers. And I hope Gray starts before the end of the year. Not because he's necessarily more likely to win games, because we're playing for pride and the future now, and that's when you go to the young guys and see what you've got.
Weber didn't cost Brewster his job. Brewster's inability to coach cost him his job.
You sound like an idiot when you post things like this.

Gray should have been playing since the mid-point of last season.

I'm fairly confident you haven't been proven right yet. I agree Brewster has to go, but to pretend you've obviously known better than him all along is absurd. Weber obviously hasn't been that good this year, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as you seem to think, and you have no way to know Gray wouldn't be worse.
I would have started Gray today, if not for Weber chasing some career numbers. And I hope Gray starts before the end of the year. Not because he's necessarily more likely to win games, because we're playing for pride and the future now, and that's when you go to the young guys and see what you've got.
Weber didn't cost Brewster his job. Brewster's inability to coach cost him his job.

An inconsistent QB will get a coach fired, especially a four year starter like Weber. Coaches stick with inconsistent QB's because they show flashes a brilliance at times leading a coach to believe they could get it together and become a good to great QB. If Weber has just been plain bad all the time Brewster may have shuffled a few QB's into the starter job and found one better than Weber.

Haven't you figured it out yet? According to some, it's 100% certainty that Gray would be better than Weber.

I agree that Gray should have gotten some more reps in mop up time, but those who act like we surely would have been better with Gray are throwing out just as much garbage as Brew does every week.

Haven't you figured it out yet? According to some, it's 100% certainty that Gray would be better than Weber.

I agree that Gray should have gotten some more reps in mop up time, but those who act like we surely would have been better with Gray are throwing out just as much garbage as Brew does every week.

I won't say Gray is a lock to be better than Weber, but if there was a QB competiton this spring like the coaches say one would assume that it is close as far as talent goes. That being said why not give the guy some meaningful time with Weber being so inconsistant find out if he could give you the spark we need.

Notice that Purdue put in a true Fr. to get him some time. He fumbled and we scored, but they know he needs to get his feet wet. We were DOWN by the same margin and don't get Grey in. Brew knows he's done and couldn't care less about exp. for next yr.

It's so odd in this age of college football to have the same QB start every game of four years, it's even more odd considering the sheer number of loses. I feel like Brewster is the Titanic and Weber is the band playing on the deck until the very end.

Notice that Purdue put in a true Fr. to get him some time. He fumbled and we scored, but they know he needs to get his feet wet. We were DOWN by the same margin and don't get Grey in. Brew knows he's done and couldn't care less about exp. for next yr.

Further notice that we got gashed by their 3rd string QB who started, who can't throw the ball very accurately (the supposed knock on Gray), and is 1/3 of the athlete Gray is. It boggles the mind.

I don't know if Gray is going to be any better than Weber. But I know when you have 64 yards offense in an entire half it's worth trying something different. Why not put him out there and see what happens? It honestly defies any possible rationale.

Weber is simply not good

I can't remember the last time we played a game in which I thought we had the better QB. He throws about 13-18 inaccurate balls a game, a majority of which come on key chain moving plays.

No, I cannot guarantee that Gray would be better. However, we have seen the "upside" of Weber and it was back in 2008. At least Gray MIGHT have some, but we may now never know.

One trip past the opponents 40 in the first half? Against Purdue with freshman DB's all over the field. How could Gray possibly do worse?

We've had the misfortune of being shackled with a bad coach and a bad QB for four years. That is a bad combination.

I don't know if Gray is going to be any better than Weber. But I know when you have 64 yards offense in an entire half it's worth trying something different. Why not put him out there and see what happens? It honestly defies any possible rationale.

I don't understand. did Weber fumble the ball on a sure TD? Did Weber get burned in pass coverage? Miss multiple tackles?

I have been under the impression that the problems lie on the defensive side of the ball.

Put Alipate out there. Put Gray out there, put Lueck out there. Especially after the outcome has been decided. Give somebody else some reps in a game.

I don't understand. did Weber fumble the ball on a sure TD? Did Weber get burned in pass coverage? Miss multiple tackles?

I have been under the impression that the problems lie on the defensive side of the ball.

1-6 indicates that both sides of the ball suck!

Was the defense responsible for 64 yards of offense in the first half?

Absolutely weird that Gray has not a single series this year despite Weber being unable to move the team consistently, throwing under .500 in several games, etc. Not to mention that your starting QB next year should get a little playing time this year. It seems to be sheer stubborness on Brewer's part. If Gray is no good, let the world see it!

1-6 indicates that both sides of the ball suck!

Do you think that if the defense was a little better the Gopherss would have beat USD? NIU? NU? I think that in those games the offense played pretty well, the defense did not.

Absolutely weird that Gray has not a single series this year despite Weber being unable to move the team consistently, throwing under .500 in several games, etc. Not to mention that your starting QB next year should get a little playing time this year. It seems to be sheer stubborness on Brewer's part. If Gray is no good, let the world see it!
Nebraska's quarterback usually sits for at least one series in every game while the backup gets some reps. And he's in the Heisman conversation.

bigtenchamps1899 has joined Weber as a member of the Titanic band!

No they were not, but they were responsible for the 14 points on the board.

So no problems with the offense, then? Everything's just peachy on that side of the ball?

64 yards. In one half.

Yes. That is exactly what I said.

Well, you certainly haven't said anything to the contrary. Peeps are on here carping about the offense and you interject with:

To me, that suggests your belief the only problems on the team are on defense. Given that, I just want to know if you think 64 yards in a half is acceptable.

Top Bottom