Weber '08 was a different beast, Weber '10 TBD

Ole

Reaction score
Just clicked on the gophersports captain's profile of Weber.
I watched the highlights from the Bowling Green game in 08' and had to comment on them. Take a look if you like.
The confidence and zip on his passes was amazing to me. There was a snap, quick read, and throw with no floundering or confusion. This kid had that O down after his second year and he was rolling. AND we all know how limited the skill players and O line were that year. God bless em, but Kuznia, Eskridge, Simmons, Ralph Spry, Freshmen Orton, Bunders, Davis, Wynn at RT, oof.
I can't help but hope he is as confident this year and his reads are as similarly simple.

To be fair, he didn't exactly look like that later in the season, especially once Decker went down. But he was certainly a more confident player and wasn't nearly as erratic about his throws.

I expect something more similar to early '08 Weber than '09 Weber. I think Horton will do him wonders.

Now before I say this, I think Weber is a really bright guy.

Mostly I think he needs to get his brain out of the way when he plays. I believe Horton understands that and will have him playing at the high level he is capable of.

Now before I say this, I think Weber is a really bright guy.

Mostly I think he needs to get his brain out of the way when he plays. I believe Horton understands that and will have him playing at the high level he is capable of.

Agreed...I have read some of the coaches commenting that the offense is now reacting, not being slowed down by processing info. Big difference.

Agreed...I have read some of the coaches commenting that the offense is now reacting, not being slowed down by processing info. Big difference.

I've wondered recently if the whole forced to think too much issue could have been a big part of A Web's inability to throw the bal away and avoid sacks. If he's too busy trying to figure out his next read once the play is breaking down he might be ignoring the instinct that is saying "throw it away!"

Top Bottom