Weather

1gophergnu

Reaction score
How does the perdicted 8 to 12 inches of snow for this weekend affect the thinking of the young man that is coming in from California this weekend?

California? How about those young men coming from a suburb?

(By Sunday night, I bet the Kill's are going to be asking themselves if they landed at the North Pole by mistake Hope the contract is signed!)

THEY HAVE SNOW IN MINNESOTA??? I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED!!!

California? How about those young men coming from a suburb?

(By Sunday night, I bet the Kill's are going to be asking themselves if they landed at the North Pole by mistake Hope the contract is signed!)

Yeah, because let me tell you, it never snows in DeKalb. When I think of a warm, tropical place to get away, it's right at top of my list. The seed plant tour is amazing. ;)

I think it is a good thing. You aren't going to 'trick' anybody that MN winters are nice. It is probably better to get them here on a day when you can realistically say "this is about as bad as it gets, don't let people overblow the winter part".

I think it is a good thing. You aren't going to 'trick' anybody that MN winters are nice. It is probably better to get them here on a day when you can realistically say "this is about as bad as it gets, don't let people overblow the winter part".

Fair point. I also think a regular snow-storm is less unsettling to someone from out-of-state then -20 with a windchill of -40.

Look at it this way you can honestly say that this is about as bad as it gets. There are days a little colder. a little windier, and a little snowier but all three together it's MN at it's worst.

Yep, it won't be the snow, it'll be that winchill slapping them in the face that they'll remember.

From Paul Douglas's Strib Weather Blog this pm:
* I know this is a mouthful, but travel simply isn't recommended Saturday and Saturday night. Never tell a Minnesotan not to travel, I get it. But the combination of snow/wind/falling temperatures will create truly treacherous conditions. If you run out of gas or go into a ditch tomorrow it could be more than just a minor inconvenience. With wind chill values dipping to -25 or lower it could quickly become life-threatening. Try to get your travel done by this evening, or plan on waiting until Sunday (afternoon) to get back on the highways.

I lived in Cali for a while...when my friends from there came to visit me in Minnesota, they loved the winter. They understood it isn't the Arctic Circle.

The California recruits are probably expecting awful weather anyway. The way people talk about the cold here, if the nitrogen in the atmosphere has not liquified, it's probably not as bad as they expected.

I have some Christmas shopping to get done tonight, we'll have to make sure that we get plenty of supplies for the weekend. I don't want to have to be snowed in and need a soda.

Lend them a parka, some mits, boots and let em play outside with a football. They will fall in love.

If you listen to Paul Douglas it is sounding more like 15-20 inches.

Have you seen the movie "the day after tomorrow?"

When Bob Newton, J.C. Transfer from Lamirada, CA arrived in Lincoln, Ne he was asked by a reporter did he have any second thoughts because of the weather. It was 10 degrees a wind out of the west at about 40 MPH and driving snow. His answer, nope, I came here to play football.

Top Bottom