Weather this weekend for the visiting recruits

cduff

Reaction score
Could be an interesting weather weekend, there is supposed to be a huge storm in the region. Western and northern Minnesota are currently in line for lots of snow and possibly blizzard conditions. As of right now the Twin Cities supposed to be near a rain/snow mix line in the "warm" side of the storm, but it wouldn't take much of a shift in the track to put more snow in the southern part of the state.

But for sure, sometime Sunday/Sunday night a front is supposed to come through that is going to make it downright nasty, with sharply colder temps and strong winds. Hopefully this doesn't happen until Leon and Page are out of town! Otherwise it's not looking too bad, it's supposed to be in the mid-30's on both Saturday and Sunday with a chance of rain/snow. It could be a close call though to getting lots of snow.

One question, are the recruits comming for a snow ball fight? Why the focus on THE WEATHER?

there is no point in hiding all the things that minneapolis has to offer. better that they know about it now. if a recruit is afraid of a little snow then we don't need him.

Embrace it.

Minnesota is cold. Don't use it as a negative. Leon gets snowed in Sunday and can't make it out of town... oh shoot, he spends another day with Brewster! I guarentee that works in our direction!

Unless there's a future schedule change I don't see the Gophers playing a mid-December game at TCF

If it snows 10 feet or if its a nice 40 degrees out, it doesn't matter. If weather is a big factor, then we already lost Leon to USC, regardless of this weekend's forecast. Thankfully, I don't think weather is a deal breaker.

If the coaching staff was that concerned, the kids wouldn't be in town right before Christmas.

There are certainly some players that Brew won't be able to get because they don't want to come up to Minnesota because of cold weather, but they're probably not the guys who would agree to take a visit up here in the month of december. I'm sure a lot of guys like Leon who have spent their life in Florida and California probably think that it's colder than it actually is here, I'm not too concerned that bad weather on a visit will be the reason we don't land a player.

i think leon told gopherlady

that he grew up in michigan so cold weather doesn't bother him.

possibly the worst post ever

a post about the weather? seriously? Am I on weather.com or a football forum?

Victor Keise's attitude on weather

this kid is so great. When he initially told me that he was coming up this weekend - I was like,that's funny, Florida kid waits until the middle of December to take his official visit. He responded with a "I want to see for myself what everyone is whining about," like it was no big deal.

Mr. Keise just called me tonight and asked me about the weather too. I told him it wasn't suppose to be super cold. He asked if it was going to snow, because he thought it would be really fun to have Vic be able to play in the snow. He proceeded to say that they will be down on unofficials a few more times this winter, just to get used to it, so Vic is ready to come come outdoor football time. Gotta just love that attitude!

I agree with Mckerney - I doubt the kids that really can't stand the cold weather are going to be considering Minnesota, or taking visits in the middle of December.

As to Lawrence's question...

is cduff really Paul Douglas

No, he's actually Belinda Jensen.

I want kids like Vic who embrace our climate here. I mean, everyone knows it gets pretty cold here in the dead of winter, I think what most of these guys just need to know is the fact that they won't be playing in it. TYPICALLY, in mid-November, temps are still at least in the low 40s, sometimes low 30s, usually not too snowy (except the occasional Halloween blizzard lol), but also, the area is fully prepared and equipped to handle the weather. Get a nice coat and a good stocking cap, and some gloves and they'll be fine. Roads are pretty well taken care of, it's not like when there's an inch in Texas and the city shuts down lol.

If a guy seriously doesn't wanna deal with it, as has been said a few times already, they wouldn't even consider Minnesota in the first place.

Top Bottom