Weather, Jersey Color, and Opposing Offensive Style

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
With the combination of the temperature in the high 80's, dewpoint in the high 60's, and the UNLV no huddle, the wise choice for the Gophers would be to wear their gold jerseys on Thursday.

With the combination of the temperature in the high 80's, dewpoint in the high 60's, and the UNLV no huddle, the wise choice for the Gophers would be to wear their gold jerseys on Thursday.

I doubt it. At game time, at least our sideline and probably most of the field will be shadowed, no? Unlv will be in the sun I think.

All gold is a great choice and my second favorite combo after all white (best uniform in the country!).

Much more important than jersey color will be rotating in a lot of players and keeping them fresh and hydrated. I'd expect to see at least 8 defensive lineman, 6 linebackers, and 8 defensive backs get snaps Thursday night on defense.

I bet we go with maroon jersey white pants.

Gold Jersey with Maroon pants should be our standard home uniforms. Who doesn't like that?

Me. You have it upside down.

+1 The Gold jersey is only for "special occasions" and wouldn't work as the standard home jersey as the last names on the back are replaced with MINNESOTA. Maroon with Gold pants is a great "standard" home combo.

+1 The Gold jersey is only for "special occasions" and wouldn't work as the standard home jersey as the last names on the back are replaced with MINNESOTA. Maroon with Gold pants is a great "standard" home combo.

Well, it is the opener (a special occasion). Gold might have been the call anyways.

I doubt it. At game time, at least our sideline and probably most of the field will be shadowed, no? Unlv will be in the sun I think.

Are you on drugs son? (kidding, but seriously, are you?) Best uniform in gold jersey and maroon pants, second best is the reverse of that, followed by white jersey and gold pants (and then maroon pants). Solid colors suck. And yes, I this is purely an opinion, not fact....but I'm right damn it! No disagreement will be tolerated!

Are you on drugs son? (kidding, but seriously, are you?) Best uniform in gold jersey and maroon pants, second best is the reverse of that, followed by white jersey and gold pants (and then maroon pants). Solid colors suck. And yes, I this is purely an opinion, not fact....but I'm right damn it! No disagreement will be tolerated!

I think you are on to something.

We'll be up 21-0 at the end of the 1st quarter and the rout will be officially on. By midway through the 2nd quarter UNLV will be waving the white towel. Ski-U-Mah!

The hell he is!!!

Don are you with me on the monochrome aka Donochrome being the best combo? It sounds like I am in the minority here that like the all maroon (really good), all gold (even better), or all white (top notch).

Don are you with me on the monochrome aka Donochrome being the best combo? It sounds like I am in the minority here that like the all maroon (really good), all gold (even better), or all white (top notch).

I have to agree with you, nokomis. No disagreement will be tolerated!. Case closed. :)

I'm guessing gold jerseys or pants to contrast the UNLV red and white. Hopefully, all fans wear gold.

Go Gophers!

What are the rules regarding wearing white jerseys at home? It's happens at LSU

If memory serves me correctly (yes, I know, I lost that long ago) the Home Team dictates ahead of time what colors they are going to wear. But I will be surprised if we wear station19's favorite combo.

For football, the NCAA's rule book states, "Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting colors, and the visiting team shall wear white jerseys. White jerseys may be worn by the home team when the teams have agreed before the season."

For football, the NCAA's rule book states, "Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting colors, and the visiting team shall wear white jerseys. White jerseys may be worn by the home team when the teams have agreed before the season."

There, from here on in it is up to whether or not we want to be "Politically Correct".

The gold should be for very special games - the way Notre Dame occasionally trots out their green uniforms. Otherwise, maroon and gold or all-maroon - more traditional.

When the Gophers were winning all those national crowns, they had gold helmets, gold jerseys and pants. Come on Killer. Let's go tradition.

In the Old School, when Minnesota was on the road they featured gold pants, white jersey, with Maroon Numbers. At home gold pants and Maroon Jerseys. All the combinations are "marketing" and sales of jersey's. Those of us in the old school say keep it simple, just find the best players to wear the jersey.

When Kirkwood meets a UNLV LB in the hole on 3rd and 1, the jersey color isn't going to matter a lot.

With that said, all white or all gold gets my vote. It's the opener, be bold!

P.S. off topic, but did anyone see the student section T-Shirts? Those are terrible. "Jerrysota"....that is the best we can do?

It's the Golden Gophers dammit! Gold S/B the predominant color in our jerseys.

When Kirkwood meets a UNLV LB in the hole on 3rd and 1, the jersey color isn't going to matter a lot.

With that said, all white or all gold gets my vote. It's the opener, be bold!

P.S. off topic, but did anyone see the student section T-Shirts? Those are terrible. "Jerrysota"....that is the best we can do?/QUOTE]

Takes some real (S)Kill to come up with that.... This kind of marketing mess we've seen this year has got to hurt Carlson School reputation.... Don't ya think????

Top Bottom