Weather @ Iowa

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
The weather will be perfect for early November this Saturday against Illinois with sunshine, a high of 60, and light winds.

Next week things get more interesting. A large storm system will bring in warm air, and even the potential for T-Storms across S MN next Wednesday into Thursday. Much colder air will move in behind that system and stick around for the weekend.

It's very early yet, but one model wants to bring in another storm with snow potential into Iowa next Saturday. Another model keeps it dry, but cold.

I think game time temperatures will be in the 30s regardless, and time will tell if it will be dry and/or windy.

I wonder if bad weather would actually help us this year. We run it every play anyway, so it’s not like the other team gains an advantage from assuming we won’t pass in the rain.

I'm first to admit that I-O-W-A City is pretty much TCF South weather wise. We'll be fine.

That said, that game when I-O-W-A was here with Jeff Horton as HC certainly did not look like they wanted to be here. Lots of fun for that one at TCF.

Weather for Illinois went from pretty seasonal to cold to dang nice fast.

I might actually go to the Iowa game...

Like the Badger game in 2019, it seems like the nicer the weather the more it benefits the Gophers. Cold....fine. Wet and/or windy....no thanks.
I mean, things went OK at Purdue this year playing in some pretty crappy rain conditions.

Like the Badger game in 2019, it seems like the nicer the weather the more it benefits the Gophers. Cold....fine. Wet and/or windy....no thanks.

Yes! That horrendous weather for that Badger game really ruined our chances. It played into their power running game and really hurt our passing game. Really had a bad feeling going into that one and it came to fruition.

I mean, things went OK at Purdue this year playing in some pretty crappy rain conditions.
Nor did weather impact 2019. Terrible against Nebraska. 2018 against Purdue and Indiana were also terrible. 2019 loss to Iowa in good weather lost due to a terrible first quarter and Wisconsin bad weather as their d line dominated line of scrimmage. The passing game was not impacte due to weather. Bateman had like a 40 yard td throw the air on the first possession. WI was also able to pass the ball just fine.

I wonder if bad weather would actually help us this year. We run it every play anyway, so it’s not like the other team gains an advantage from assuming we won’t pass in the rain.
Yeah, isn't that beautiful! Control the ball. Run the clock. Wear out the defense. Fewer penalties. I love it!

Purdue's defense is not Iowa's. It seems like if the Gophers ability to pass the ball is at least a threat, the running game will benefit. If the weather is awful, it gives their defense a much better chance to stack the box against the run and collect a couple of turnovers in the air, which is obviously something they're going to need.

Yes! That horrendous weather for that Badger game really ruined our chances. It played into their power running game and really hurt our passing game. Really had a bad feeling going into that one and it came to fruition.
Could not stop that bubble screen to the WR along the sideline they ran multiple times. Painful to see it coming and know it wasn't going to be defended.

We're still 8 days out but I'm fairly confident now that it will be dry for this game.

Assuming a 2:30 kickoff, I think temperatures will be in the low 40s with a strong NW wind of 15-20 mph.

The weather is still looking mostly dry for Saturday, maybe a few scattered rain/snow showers late in the game. Kickoff temp will be around 40, with a NW wind of 10-15 mph, but decreasing as the game goes on.

The weather is still looking mostly dry for Saturday, maybe a few scattered rain/snow showers late in the game. Kickoff temp will be around 40, with a NW wind of 10-15 mph, but decreasing as the game goes on.
Perfect.

Top Bottom