Weather in Orlando for the Citrus Bowl.

rpgopherfan

Reaction score
Hello! I am a amateur weather forecaster, while I don't have a degree in Meteorology I do have enough knowledge to be dangerous. I will try and have a weather forecast for game day out by Christmas day. Hint a sweatshirt and a light jacket may be something I would pack if I were going to the game.

Where is GopherWeatherGuy? I only take my Gameday forecasts from him. :cool:

Where is GopherWeatherGuy? I only take my Gameday forecasts from him. :cool:

Gopher Weather Guy is on Double Secret Probation. The only thing that has saved him is his fandom for the Gophers. He kept changing the forecast for the tOSU game. He needs to come through.

I'm willing to give rpgopherfan a try. Maybe he/she's a local Orlando resident and can tell us about the Gulf Stream and Gulf of Mexico divergence/convergence on the Orlando area as it pertains to the current Jet Stream pattern.

With all due respect to rpgopherfan, doesn't it make more sense to actually get a weather forecast from a professional meteorologist? It's not like they're exactly rare.

With all due respect to rpgopherfan, doesn't it make more sense to actually get a weather forecast from a professional meteorologist? It's not like they're exactly rare.

I've yet to find one...

I've yet to find one...

In any event, might want to bring some rain gear just in case.

Showers late. Mostly cloudy. High of 72°F low of 52°F

Winds up to 18 mph from the North

Humidity 67% 75°F

Precipitation probability 57% up to 1/4 of an inch and knowing Florida it will all come in a 15 minute window.

I've yet to find one...

In any event, might want to bring some rain gear just in case.

Showers late. Mostly cloudy. High of 72°F low of 52°F

Winds up to 18 mph from the North

Humidity 67%

Precipitation probability 57% up to 1/4 of an inch and knowing Florida it will all come in a 15 minute window.

All I can tell you is I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt now and plan on the same for the foreseeable future

Hello! I am a amateur weather forecaster, while I don't have a degree in Meteorology I do have enough knowledge to be dangerous. I will try and have a weather forecast for game day out by Christmas day. Hint a sweatshirt and a light jacket may be something I would pack if I were going to the game.

Hi! I'm an amateur gynecologist, while I don't have a degree in gynecology I do have enough knowledge to be dangerous. I will try and have some game day advice for all GH's. Hint a "raincoat" may be something I would pack if I were going to any of the seedy areas before or after the game.

My raingear will be a gold hat with a maroon M...

Too cold! They should move this game someplace warmer.

"The Indonesia Board of Tourism presents, 'The Borneo Bowl!'"

Rumor has it is that there will be weather in Orlando for the Citris Bowl.

GO GOPHERS!!!

1st forecast for game day. I will only update as changes warrant.

At the top of this thread I mentioned it may be somewhat cold for game time, although I questioned the model output I went with it anyway. However in the back of my head was the forecast for two very important oscillation's and how they teleconnect thus affecting the weather. They are the Pacific North American Index (PNA) and the Eastern Pacific Oscillation (EPO). When the PNA is in its negative state that translates to a trough in the west with colder than normal temps. When the EPO is in it's negative state cold air is likely to be filtered down into the lower 48 from the northwest territories and points beyond. Where it goes can be affected by the PNA. If you have a positive PNA that should build a ridge out west allowing the cold air to filter into the central US and points east, as we saw last winter. Now because the PNA and the EPO are forecast to go negative that should send the cold air down over the western to central US, and in theory pop a Bermuda ridge. The models were not showing that a few days ago, but now they are catching on. Therefore things have changed, those of you going to the game will miss the start of the deep freeze but you will be returning to it.

If it were me heading out for the game to catch early morning activities I would be wearing jeans and Gopher sweatshirt, however I would also have a maroon and gold t-shirt underneath so that I could chuck the sweatshirt by game time. For those of you that are comfy in shorts in slightly cooler weather go ahead a wear them.

Morning temps around 52°, by the end of the first quarter we should be looking at temps between 68-71° with dew points hovering around 60°. There could be a cloud deck around 5000 feet according to the GFS forecast sounding. The other three models used I don't have access to their soundings as of yet. Models used the ECMWF (European), the GEM (Canadian), The GFS (American), the GFS Parallel (American). All are in fairly good agreement this far out, thus confidence is above average.

Go Gophers!!!!

At the top of this thread I mentioned it may be somewhat cold for game time, although I questioned the model output I went with it anyway. However in the back of my head was the forecast for two very important oscillation's and how they teleconnect thus affecting the weather. They are the Pacific North American Index (PNA) and the Eastern Pacific Oscillation (EPO). When the PNA is in its negative state that translates to a trough in the west with colder than normal temps. When the EPO is in it's negative state cold air is likely to be filtered down into the lower 48 from the northwest territories and points beyond. Where it goes can be affected by the PNA. If you have a positive PNA that should build a ridge out west allowing the cold air to filter into the central US and points east, as we saw last winter. Now because the PNA and the EPO are forecast to go negative that should send the cold air down over the western to central US, and in theory pop a Bermuda ridge. The models were not showing that a few days ago, but now they are catching on. Therefore things have changed, those of you going to the game will miss the start of the deep freeze but you will be returning to it.

If it were me heading out for the game to catch early morning activities I would be wearing jeans and Gopher sweatshirt, however I would also have a maroon and gold t-shirt underneath so that I could chuck the sweatshirt by game time. For those of you that are comfy in shorts in slightly cooler weather go ahead a wear them.

Morning temps around 52°, by the end of the first quarter we should be looking at temps between 68-71° with dew points hovering around 60°. There could be a cloud deck around 5000 feet according to the GFS forecast sounding. The other three models used I don't have access to their soundings as of yet. Models used the ECMWF (European), the GEM (Canadian), The GFS (American), the GFS Parallel (American). All are in fairly good agreement this far out, thus confidence is above average.

Go Gophers!!!!

Translation: The Gophers are going to avoid Florida sinkholes and will emerge victorious.

Go Gophers!!!!

Can't argue with any of this!

To make things a little more simple, it looks like a cold front will move through on Tuesday 12/30 and bring nice late September Minnesota weather to central Florida. I think temperatures will be a little cooler than what was mentioned above. Partly cloudy and dry with a low in the mid 40s and a high in the mid 60s. Maybe not the heat and humidity some would want, but nice football weather.

Here's what my people are saying (and yes, I have people):

Mon-Thu...middle level pattern flattens out into next week as the first
of several shortwaves moves across the eastern US on Monday. Next
rain chances arrive Monday night as surface front moves into Florida
with some differences between the GFS and European model (ecmwf) on how quickly the
front makes it through. The European model (ecmwf) with its stronger and lower
latitude surface low bring the front completely through central
Florida on Tuesday but with considerably less middle level moisture
than the slower and weaker GFS. A consensus of both puts a slight
chance of showers across the region Monday night-Wednesday by which even the
slower GFS has the front and deeper moisture into S Florida. Drier
day on Thursday as we will be under weak ridging ahead of the next
system developing over the western Gulf.

Highs in the middle-upper 70s with a few around 80 Monday and Tuesday. A
slight cooldown with the frontal boundary Wednesday and Thursday with highs
ranging from the low 70s across the north to upper 70s
across
Okeechobee and the Treasure Coast.

I think we need dueling weathermen on Gopherhole.

Forecast from WESH 2 TV (NBC affilate out of Orlando)
73 High
57 Low
10% Chance of precipitation
Mostly Sunny

The forecast looks perfect for game day!!

Go Gophers!!

I looks like Orlando tops Pasadena from a weather standpoint this year. High in Pasadena on New Year's is only in the 50s and the low could drop below freezing.

Top Bottom