Weather for MSU

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Looking more like late November than late October for gameday...and maybe measurable frozen precip the next day?

GWG...should we be watching the ECMWF or GFS?

As late as Friday I was advising Mrs. Billd she'd be able to get one last bikeride to the stadium for this one. Uffda.

Looking more like late November than late October for gameday...and maybe measurable frozen precip the next day?

As late as Friday I was advising Mrs. Billd she'd be able to get one last bikeride to the stadium for this one. Uffda.
Weather channel says high of 44. Cloudy with snow showers in the morning. 38 and dry Sunday.

You should never be watching the GFS. It has become useless and I rarely look at it. The ECMWF is far superior, but forecasting farther than 3 days out this time of the year is an extreme challenge. The forecast for this week into early next week has been changing nearly every day.

The best guess for Saturday right now is a temperature around 40, light wind, but also a chance of light rain or snow.

You should never be watching the GFS. It has become useless and I rarely look at it. The ECMWF is far superior, but forecasting farther than 3 days out this time of the year is an extreme challenge. The forecast for this week into early next week has been changing nearly every day.

The best guess for Saturday right now is a temperature around 40, light wind, but also a chance of light rain or snow.
Got it. I think you've probably said that many times before.

Sorry Mrs. Billd, no bicycle ride for her as she's not prepared for rain/snow.

Got it. I think you've probably said that many times before.

Sorry Mrs. Billd, no bicycle ride for her as she's not prepared for rain/snow.

The GFS used to be useful, and every once in a while it still gets a storm right. But it's rare, especially over the last 2-3 years.

I wouldn't get too worked up about rain or snow yet though. The only thing I feel confident about right now is that temps will be in the upper 30s or 40s.

When you wake up Saturday, step outside.

If you are too cold, put on warmer clothes.

If you get wet, put on waterproof clothing.

Anyone have experience with wearing Electric sox at the game. Do they keep your feet warmer on the concrete than the hand warmers in the sox and boots method?

As long as they're still getting candy, the kids will be shivering and insist they aren't cold.
A few years ago it was really cold (like 20 and windy) and our then 3-year old still wanted to go. So we did and her bucket was full very quickly as every house we went to said "hardly anyone has come this year, here's a handful of candy."

The dad tax was high that Halloween.

The forecast now is for snow beginning at about 3:00 PM.❄️☃️

Wool socks. Layers. Boots.

Wool by far is the best but expensive. Doesn't absorb water, super warm. Sythetic is the cheap wool alternative. Avoid cotton if moisture is an issue because it holds moisture.

Layers are the key.

Looking like we could get a slushy coating of snow during the game, but any accumulation will be under 1". Highs in the mid 30s with a W/NW wind of 5-10 mph.

Bring it on!! I've found that the cold weather games are some of the most memorable and fun experiences. The die-hard fans replace some of the fair-weather (literally) fans.
I despise cold weather (stuck here) but agree with you. I know how to prepare and make the most of it. The team usually does as well.

I'm really looking forward to USC or UCLA coming to town in the future and having to play in these conditions.
You don’t really think snow and cold temperatures will slow down a 5 star recruit? I don’t.

Top Bottom