Wear GOLD and Wave a GOLD Towel

MNGoldenGophers1

Go4 Homer
Reaction score
For Gopher fans attending this Saturday's game, I would encourage everyone to bring a GOLD towel to wave. Most Gopher fans will be split up and sitting high up where it is hard for the players to hear us. I think we'll have fans all over the place for this one and will make some noise but waving GOLD towels will be more obvious. Also, wear as much GOLD as possible as GOLD really stands out against that better dead than red color.

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!

I will have a ton of Gold on. Unfortunately, with the current forecast it will be under my black jacket.

I will have a ton of Gold on. Unfortunately, with the current forecast it will be under my black jacket.

Sweatshirt over the jacket = problem solved. Or a Gold cape.

This does bring up an interesting Gopher cold weather point. I feel like many Gophers fans (myself included) have yet to really adjust our wardrobe for being both protected from the cold and showing our team colors. Part of the problem is there isn't a whole lot of cold-weather Gopher gear out there yet. I'm not sure if companies still don't realize we play outside now and aren't making nice puffy jackets or pullovers as much or what. Not saying there aren't options available but compared to other B1G teams I'm sure our selection is not nearly as large. As of right now I have one Gopher Columbia fleece pull over that is gray that I wear over a Gophers sweatshirt which has about 4 tshirts underneath for the cold games. Still, it isn't Gophers colors and makes our stadium look not as put together I guess? This is a pretty trivial complaint but hopefully companies start producing more Gopher cold weather gear!

I love this idea! My jersey is maroon, so I'll be wearing that, but I will definitely bring a gold towel to wave!

This does bring up an interesting Gopher cold weather point. I feel like many Gophers fans (myself included) have yet to really adjust our wardrobe for being both protected from the cold and showing our team colors. Part of the problem is there isn't a whole lot of cold-weather Gopher gear out there yet. I'm not sure if companies still don't realize we play outside now and aren't making nice puffy jackets or pullovers as much or what. Not saying there aren't options available but compared to other B1G teams I'm sure our selection is not nearly as large. As of right now I have one Gopher Columbia fleece pull over that is gray that I wear over a Gophers sweatshirt which has about 4 tshirts underneath for the cold games. Still, it isn't Gophers colors and makes our stadium look not as put together I guess? This is a pretty trivial complaint but hopefully companies start producing more Gopher cold weather gear!

None of this is difficult. Buy a sweatshirt that is a size larger than what you normally would buy. It will fit over any jacket. Problem solved without any difficulty whatsoever.

None of this is difficult. Buy a sweatshirt that is a size larger than what you normally would buy. It will fit over any jacket. Problem solved without any difficulty whatsoever.

My jacket is larger than George Costanza's. No way any sweatshirt is fitting over it.

I'm at a loss on this. I have nothing to offer. I'll just do my best!

What kind of jacket are you wearing, mine would bust the seams of any sweatshirt unless maybe I got a 2XL

I know its not really team colors but Carhartt has started producing college licensed products like this one. Still shows the school spirit and you can guarantee it will be quality (and warm) with a company like that.
http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/...ryId=69770&top_category=15606&quickView=false

Gonna pick up a gold winter hat sometime this week.

Here are some ideas:

Buy an inexpensive gold towel, gold t-shirt, gold pom-pom, gold flag, or gold anything else that is gold and can be waved. A lot of gold t-shirts are on clearance at the U of M Bookstore, Goldy's Locker Room, Kohls, JC Penny's, etc.

Buy a gold winter hat at any of the above places. Cover your head in gold if nothing else along with a gold towel or other substitute waving item.

I sometimes wear an over-sized Gopher baseball or hockey jersey over my jacket. Alternatively, but a XX-L or XXX-L t-shirt to wear over your coat. These large sizes are often on clearance. Look for a plain gold (yellow) t-shirt if all else fails. Oh, a gold rain poncho is another inexpensive option.

Remember, the only style points that count are Gold ones no matter how ugly ;-)

I'm sure others will have even better ideas.

Go Gophers!

Hockey jersey over coat works well, assuming you have a hockey jersey.

Man, some sure do like to find ways to make things more way more difficult than they really need to be. Or over think simple stuff. Find more excuses than possible easy solutions. Just saying. :p

The OP's point was/is a good one. If you are going to the game just buck up, bite the bullet on your wardrobe choice and try to figure out a way to wear Gopher GOLD as your outer layer. Shoot wear a majestic, sequin studded, flowing GOLD robe and carry a regal scepter for all I care. Just try to make sure you are sporting some GOLD on the outside, fam.

Cheer loud and cheer often. Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!

I don't know. This sounds like a good way to get hit with a lot of spit, snow, drinks, food etc. I'm going to wear my gopher jacket (maroon) and gold hat but i won't be waving a gold towel around all game

Oversized cheap gold rain coat. Works in rain, covers warm weather gear & serves as a windbreaker.

Go Gophers!

And wards off spit, drinks, food, drool, snow and rain.

LOL. I didn't want to say anything about the poster being afraid of waving anything gold but unless you're in the student section, you have little to worry about. I've been going to camp randy since the 80's and only as a slightly inebriated undergrad did I get soaked with beer and other game essentials (I was walking up the steps to my seats as the skunks were taking the field and I did the presidential wave to everyone. In case you were wondering, the resulting barrage of liquid refreshments and foodstuff was so worth it!!!). Anyway, show some pride by displaying and waving lots of gold. And if you’re really worried, take pointman and Maverick's advice and wear a rain poncho ;-)

Weather.com now says 37 with sun in the afternoon. Now I'm thinking shirtless with gold spray paint.

Top Bottom