We were the team…

I'm not so sure about wins there.

Would have liked to go to those games, but not sure about a win.

The expectation with the playoff expansion should be to make it every year. Just like we should expect the BB team to Dance every year. Our great institution should settle for no less.
There are many great institutions with football glory aspirations and few of them have the recruiting disadvantages of UM.

I am absolutely serious and hold these expectation while realizing sh!t happens.
So the Gophers who have finished in the top 10 once in ~60 years you think should be in a 12 team playoff yearly? I’m not saying it wouldn’t be great but it seems to be an unrealistic expectation at this time.

We would have given them a good run for sure how much fun would it have been to play either one of those two teams versus shitty Syracuse.

So the Gophers who have finished in the top 10 once in ~60 years you think should be in a 12 team playoff yearly? I’m not saying it wouldn’t be great but it seems to be an unrealistic expectation at this time.
I understand that Gopher fans can’t fill a small stadium. It’s Minnesota.

The expectation with the playoff expansion should be to make it every year. Just like we should expect the BB team to Dance every year. Our great institution should settle for no less.
no it shouldnt sadly its not reality

I hold the expectation that I'm going to get lucky every night but I've found that reality and fantasy are two separate entities😁

I understand your (OP's) argument because it's essentially the antithesis of what I stated in a previous thread, where I'm fine with above average if that's as good as it gets. I'm down with what you want too, though, brother. I wanna be in the playoff every year. But I'm totally fine with what we've got, because what we've got is pretty damn good and giving up pretty damn good for a gamble that can result in the highest of highs or an absolute crash just aren't worth it to me.

I like predictable with a side of 8 wins. I can eat that every year and be truly happy. I've got that meal right now. Plus, I think you have to give something up to get higher in the win column on a yearly basis for the University of Minnesota (I mean yearly, not every few years). I would not sell the academics or culture that this program has at this point to win a natty. I would love to see this culture and program continue to build over the next 5-10 years where adding wins to my expectations are acceptable because that's where we've gotten ourselves.

So, to Bleed's point, beat fxing Iowa. Start there. It IS time for that.

that would have beat LSU and Mississippi State.
that may or not be true but I tell you one thing -- we certainly would have done a lot better than 63-7 that's for sure!!

The Gophers have now won 6 games in a row. I think that only adds credence to the theory we aren't going to good enough games. Maybe -- just maybe -- the team that got blasted 63-7 was in the wrong game.....

Anyone get the feeling that this Rockraven is just Murray's account turned up to 11?

:cool:

Top Bottom