We were robbed of a down on last drive

XMan

Reaction score
Gophers threw to carter for a first down. Then Leidner threw to KJ for about 4 yard gain. Should be second down. Then Leidner got hit and ball was incomplete should be third down refs say its fourth down and we kick the field goal. I went back and watched this three times on TiVo and we were robbed of a down. Go back and watch if you can.

Gophers threw to carter for a first down. Then Leidner threw to KJ for about 4 yard gain. Should be second down. Then Leidner got hit and ball was incomplete should be third down refs say its fourth down and we kick the field goal. I went back and watched this three times on TiVo and we were robbed of a down. Go back and watch if you can.

It looked odd to me as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have TiVo go watch. We kicked field goal on third down. But refs said 4th down.

yeah it looks like you are correct, I just reviewed it

Well on tv the announcers said it was third down when it was actually second down. I thought they mispoke but then they said it was fourth down on TV when it wasn't. Weird.

But it should have been 3rd don when we kicked

i was wondering this as well and was saying that to myself after they said 3rd down. did we miss a play on broadcast or something?

There was 19 seconds left when we kicked it.

Odd that we didn't throw it to the end zone once, no?

Maybe we didn't want to risk the sack.

ESPN play by play has us kicking on 3rd. yeah the refs effed up.

There was 19 seconds left when we kicked it.

Odd that we didn't throw it to the end zone once, no?

Maybe we didn't want to risk the sack.

the on the field sticks said 4th down so i'm guessing we were going with it being 4th and would've been a TO if we failed

Chains can't get it right here either at start of half

Doesn't matter what TV says. It was the refs have on there fingers that matter. Each official wears a down indicator. Not sure if this was same. Drive or not but they said first down screen when he went out of bounds 2 yards short of stick.

Doesn't matter what TV says. It was the refs have on there fingers that matter. Each official wears a down indicator. Not sure if this was same. Drive or not but they said first down screen when he went out of bounds 2 yards short of stick.

I just watched it; it was definitely 3rd Down. They converted a 3rd down to Carter to get a 1st down, then the first down play went to Maye. 2nd & 4, but the TV was saying 1st & 10. On 2nd down, Leidner got hit as he threw and it incomplete. Now it should be 3rd down, but TV said 4th & 4. Gophers kicked the FG.

If it said 4th down on the marker or if the refs said it was 4th down, they made a mistake.

the refs were horrible the entire game. both ways. anybody know where the crew was from? the refs and the broadcast reminded me more of a highschool game than a ncaa game.

It was the worst TV game since Aggievision for sure

Next time anybody complains about Beth Mowins, please have them re-watch this production.

It was the worst TV game since Aggievision for sure

Next time anybody complains about Beth Mowins, please have them re-watch this production.

I enjoyed when the analyst said that CSU was lining up for a potential game-winning field goal when they were down 3. Then he went on to say that if he were the Gophers he'd use the timeouts (to ice the kicker) before the ball was snapped. Um...yeah. Two of the dumber things said within 30 seconds of each other in the history of broadcasting.

They most definitely kicked the field goal on third down! I wonder if this was intentional because they had no time outs left? If they get tackled on third down within the field of play and short of a first down, then they can't stop the clock and can't attempt a field goal. This is the only reasoning I can come up with. Seems a little bizarre.

The refs were so poor I can see how they had the downs listed as 4th down when it was actually 3rd down, but how did the gopher staff not have anyone jumping all over this issue?

My son was watching the game with me and pointed out to me that the punt return for a TD was not a reviewable play (For the fair catch signal). It therefor should not have been reviewed after the fact and overturned. Does anybody have any knowledge or opinions on this?

My son was watching the game with me and pointed out to me that the punt return for a TD was not a reviewable play. It therefor should not have been reviewed after the fact and overturned. Does anybody have any knowledge or opinions on this?

I believe I've seen it before even though normally you can't throw a flag on replay. There is no doubt he called fair catch and I noticed it live.

I noticed that it was only 3rd down when we kicked the FG as well. I wonder if Kill was just worried because we didn't have a TO, but the TV did say 4th down. Wonder if the sticks did as well.

My son was watching the game with me and pointed out to me that the punt return for a TD was not a reviewable play (For the fair catch signal). It therefor should not have been reviewed after the fact and overturned. Does anybody have any knowledge or opinions on this?

Fair catch signal is a reviewable play. It is in the NCAA replay case book. Plays #109-111. But they can't put on a penalty during review. Cehck out page 36. it start their.

It maybe somewhere in here. But if it is not. It is a reviewable play.
http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/FBC15.pdf

This was bruuuuutal.

Opps, somehow didn't quote the phantom PI call. That is what was brutal.

Top Bottom