Some Day...Is Coming!

Some Day...Maybe?
Reaction score
1e3bdecc202cc1f80165267d929b296e.png

Embrace the history, tradition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A throwback game would be cool to use it at least once

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's a cool retro logo, but Goldy is too well branded now to go back to that.

Agreed.
Other teams have done a better job at embracing their past (like Illinois this weekend).
All we are is past (conference champs, national champs). It would be cool if the best player from the previous week wore Bronko Nagurski's name or number on their uniform.
The only downside is that the previous time the Gophers wore a throwback helmet was in the 10-9 win over NDSU that spelled the beginning of the end of the Mason era.

for those who have never seen this webpage, the Helmet Project shows every helmet used in football (including the Big Ten); http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

I'm a proponent of classic Goldy. I wore a classic Goldy T shirt yesterday, and I'm wearing a classic Goldy hat now.

Put this guy on the helmets. He's awesome!

I don't mean we should put it on our helmets, or even necessarily the uniforms. I'm talking from a branding perspective. It's a cool logo. Cool on hats, shirts, cups, etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those things should be available. I have a hoodie with this logo on it.

I also have a set of glasses...I had slow cooker chicken for supper last night and washed it down with milk from my Classic Goldy tumblers. :)

Charge your phone homie.

Ha! That reminds me of a time at work where a co-worker took a screen shot of a web page and sent it to a few of us (including our boss) and one of the other tabs he had opened was a Google search for "ulcers caused by work stress." Certainly it could have been a lot worse of a webpage he was looking at, but made me chuckle, along with your warning on the low battery.

Go Gophers!!

I think it's something that can work for branding. Vintage stuff always seems to do pretty well. In fact, I actually have a coffee mug with this version of Goldy on it (Had some coffee this morning before the game from that cup). I think some retro gear could be fun.

Top Bottom