We Play for Two of the Top Five College Tropies, per That One Dude on the Internetz

He forgot CyHawk trophy

I don't think that it is any secret that the Gophers have the best trophies in all of college football. Consider me surprised that the jug didn't make the list.

I really like the keg of nails. The howitzer is super cool as well.

It made the list prior to being redesigned.......

I would have thought the redesign would have pushed it over the top!

9.gif

3 of 6

I don't think that it is any secret that the Gophers have the best trophies in all of college football. Consider me surprised that the jug didn't make the list.

I really like the keg of nails. The howitzer is super cool as well.

The jug has to be in the top 6 without a doubt. So think 3 of 6. :cool:

Badgers are our biggest rivals, but in terms of which trophy I value possessing the most, it's:

1. Jug
2. Axe
3. Pig
4. Whatever the silly Penn State one is.

Badgers are our biggest rivals, but in terms of which trophy I value possessing the most, it's:

1. Jug
2. Axe
3. Pig
4. Whatever the silly Penn State one is.

I agree!! It is surprising that the JUG didn't make I, when it is the one that started the whole idea of traveling trophies.

I suspect that the Jug didn't make the list because the series was perceived as too lopsided. "Even series" is mentioned in the blurb about the axe.

We currently have two trophies in the trophy case (Governor's Victory Bell and Little Brown Jug). I believe this is the first time since 2003 when we had two in the case. The last time we had 3? I can't figure that out. It hasn't been done since Penn State joined the conference, so it would have had to have been when we beat Iowa, wisconsin and Michigan in one season or in one stretch spanning two seasons.

Das Boot

image.jpg

I'm pretty sure the reason it is shaped like a boot is because with those two states you couldn't possibly get enough sh!t in a shoe.

I don't care how lopsided the series is, The Little Brown Jug tops them all. I don't think many cfb fans from outside the midwest are familiar with The Axe or Floyd. More people know about The Jug because of the significance of it. Major D1 football is where it is in part because the establishment of rivalries and trophy games have a big impact on rivalries.

Top Bottom