We need to do are part!

Reaction score
If I was a football player and was looking for a college to play at, how would I pick a college. I think I would look at tradition, fan support, big games, and national exposure. Remember we do have some young athletes visiting this weekend.
Booing, chanting fire Brewster are not supporting your team. These actions are negative and will not help the team.
This week lets just be positive and show some love, no matter what happens on the field.

Agreed, but the single biggest thing is stability. Not only is Brew on the hot seat, but the whole team, it they want to avoid a coaching change and probably the lost opportunity to do something great for many of them. The best thing they can do for themselves is to win.

What comes as common sense to many, just flies over other peoples heads. That people in this fan base have to be reminded of this very elementry concept is beyond me. But thanks for letting those who dont understand college football know this point.

Negative chants at games, calling in and berading the program on the radio, continued negative posts on the internet and general negativity about the program in general hurts this program.

If you are a gopher fan and would like this program to do well, support them, and be as positive as possible. Does that mean you do not have the right, or I am telling you what to do...no. I am just pointing out cause and effects.

For those people who like to read too far into posts and then try to flame. I am not saying you can never make a negative comment or post negatively on here. Just realize that if that is all you are doing, it accomplishes nothing.

What comes as common sense to many, just flies over other peoples heads. That people in this fan base have to be reminded of this very elementry concept is beyond me. But thanks for letting those who dont understand college football know this point.

Negative chants at games, calling in and berading the program on the radio, continued negative posts on the internet and general negativity about the program in general hurts this program.

If you are a gopher fan and would like this program to do well, support them, and be as positive as possible. Does that mean you do not have the right, or I am telling you what to do...no. I am just pointing out cause and effects.

For those people who like to read too far into posts and then try to flame. I am not saying you can never make a negative comment or post negatively on here. Just realize that if that is all you are doing, it accomplishes nothing.

Excellent post.

I agree 100%, but when people are angry it is tough to get them to understand logic.

I am going to cheer the team on, stay until the end, and keep buying my tickets.

Isn't feedback (ticket sales, attendance, fan reaction, ect.) along with victories the fuel for the engine of change? I sat behind a guy at the Cal game last year who had been a season ticket holder for years and all he did the entire time was make sarcastic comment after sarcastic comment when the Gophers did well and ripped them apart when things were going bad but not booing once. In my opinion the people between the 20 yard lines are perfectly comfortable-whether they enjoy it or not- sitting back and watching mediocre to below-mediocre football year after year without publicly voicing their opinions. This country was founded on freedom and capitalism for a reason, it is the most efficient means of allocating resources and by sitting back pissed and not voicing your opinions, witholding money or withholding attendance you are telling the administration that their current mode of operation is acceptable. Fans should be amazed that the younger generation of fans cares enough to show up and boo after all it may be time for the U to cater to the fans of the future and not people content with average to below average football.

Isn't feedback (ticket sales, attendance, fan reaction, ect.) along with victories the fuel for the engine of change? I sat behind a guy at the Cal game last year who had been a season ticket holder for years and all he did the entire time was make sarcastic comment after sarcastic comment when the Gophers did well and ripped them apart when things were going bad but not booing once. In my opinion the people between the 20 yard lines are perfectly comfortable-whether they enjoy it or not- sitting back and watching mediocre to below-mediocre football year after year without publicly voicing their opinions. This country was founded on freedom and capitalism for a reason, it is the most efficient means of allocating resources and by sitting back pissed and not voicing your opinions, witholding money or withholding attendance you are telling the administration that their current mode of operation is acceptable. Fans should be amazed that the younger generation of fans cares enough to show up and boo after all it may for the U to cater to the fans of the future and not people content with average to below average football.

I'm just guessing that you are an NFL fan, because that's not how college football works. In the NFL if your team sucks 1.) They will get higher draft picks to get better and 2.) If people quit going to games it has no effect on your teams ability to draft/get free agents. In college football if you boycott or boo the team, you are SEVERELY hindering recruiting and your team's budget, which makes it pretty impossible to get better. You definitely need to voice your opinion, but that should be directed at Joel Maturi if you think he needs to fire Brew. At "big time" programs, the way boosters voice their opinion is by donating money to have a coach fired, which is exactly the opposite of what you are suggesting.

If we are going to generalize a group of people as 'the problem', the folks between the 20's ain't it.

If we are going to generalize a group of people as 'the problem', the folks between the 20's ain't it.

I agree it's a generalization for arguments sake but there has got to be a reason the fans voice has not gotten across for the better part of 50 years.

Top Bottom