We have something to work with!!!

Sand Gopher

Reaction score
Hey... Second half was pretty darned good! I'll take it. I've seen previous Gopher teams roll over and die. These kids kept coming and didn't give USC any slack. How many times have we seen opposing offenses slice through the Gopher defense like a hot knife through butter in the fourth quarter? We lost... but it wasn't the same... Like I said, I'll take it! I'm excited for the future!

I really feel like the 2nd half was a look into the next couple years. And it looks pretty good.

And wait...was that? No, couldn't be... A halftime adjustment from the coaching staff?!? Future is bright with Coach Kill and his guys. He will have these players ready to play each and every week. I am more encouraged about this season now seeing the adjustments made in the second half and that these players didn't quit when down 16. If there ever was such a thing, that was a good loss.

Showed me two things. First, Brew didn't leave the cupboard bare. Second, Kill can coach the heck out of a group of young men!

My word for the day.... Encouraged. Liked what I saw in the second half out of every player out there. Really encouraged for the future. We go 6-6 this season.

that was a good second half. even though the game was a loss, id say it was a good loss. These boys never gave up, if the ball was never intercepted at the end, i believe we could have won it.

Great adjustments. No blunders that can't be fixed through coaching. Less nerves and less Woods hopefully means a 'W' next week.

Phenomenal defensive halftime adjustments, particularly in bottling up those bubble screens and getting to the edge. They finally began exploiting the seam, particularly on the Shortell TD drive. Most of all they didn't they didn't quit.

Not a single USC player got behind our defense the entire day.

How many missed tackles? Three?

a lot of good can be taken out the 2nd half from which to build on going foward.

Reasonable to say

There is hope for the future. It can be fun to feel good about where the team is going in the near future. My hat goes off to the defense who looked like they liked to play D. Can't get over the fact that we have 2 quarterbacks!? Can't wait for the next game.

I really liked what Kill had to say in his postgame radio interview. He said that the first half was his fault and that it was his responsibility to prepare his players for the game. He is pure class!

I really liked what Kill had to say in his postgame radio interview. He said that the first half was his fault and that it was his responsibility to prepare his players for the game. He is pure class!

Hey Sandy Gopher. I'm a Saluki fan which I am sure you can appreciate while living in the Middle East. I spent 6 years of my life in the Military and almost took a job over there myself when I got out. Instead I debated on whether to go to school at UW (yes Madison), UI (hate em buddy)(, or SIU in Carbondale. I made the right move.

Coach Kill is the real deal and I really believe the world would be a better place if more people had a personal constitution like he does. Be proud of your Gophers. Their defense is the real deal. Much better than I expected. Offense will come around..you'll see. I had to give the Jerry Kill life story amongst a bunch of SEC fans to get them to cheer for the Gophers. Alabama had won it's game and well, not much else on for a few hours.

Thanks for serving our country and staying up late to listen/watch the game :)

Somehow, somebody's got to be able to get to the QB if they're gonna win Big 10 games. Run defense was pretty good, still can't complain about holding the Trojans under 20. I think there's some carry over and confidence from the end of 2010. Give these young fellas the cheers and appreciation they deserve next Saturday. Kill and company earned my respect.

that was a good second half. even though the game was a loss, id say it was a good loss. These boys never gave up, if the ball was never intercepted at the end, i believe we could have won it.

Nominated for the most profound statement of the week.

Not a single USC player got behind our defense the entire day.

How many missed tackles? Three?

One of their Tds was over the top with the guy beating Royston in the back of the endzone. But other then that, we contained extremely well.

The Gophs looked a little confused in the first half. I think the coaching staff did a great job of making the necessary adjustments to simplify thing and get the team back in the game. Overall there are a lot of good things that can come out of the game and I for one am encouraged by the first showing of the Jerry Kill lead Gophers.

MKE_Gopher said:
And wait...was that? No, couldn't be... A halftime adjustment from the coaching staff?!? Future is bright with Coach Kill and his guys. He will have these players ready to play each and every week. I am more encouraged about this season now seeing the adjustments made in the second half and that these players didn't quit when down 16. If there ever was such a thing, that was a good loss.

Totally!!! The adjustments were awesome. Still need a better pass rush,but there was a lot to like moving forward.

Thank god we won't be seeing that Woods guy again. Or the Pac10 refs. We got homered, but that's almost a tradition for visitors in west coast stadiums

How many freshmen on the team? Cupboard was bare.

A good number of those are of the RS variety. I'm not saying it is fully stocked, but (at the risk of waking other echoes) it is better stocked than the way Mason left it, especially on defence.

Top Bottom