We have a game Saturday

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Is the Stoudamire story a big deal or just an immature and disgruntled player flying off the handle? If so good riddance.

What concerns me most is the distraction this could be for the team getting ready for a game Saturday. Maybe the team as a whole is fed up with #11. Or maybe there are others in his camp. These kind of incidents have the potential to split a team.

No one here has the facts. But I hope the team will move on and focus otherwise it could be a long day Saturday.

Or maybe the whole team is fed up with someone who is still there. Guess we'll see. The exodus this year may be heavier than most...

I think there is a fissure in the lockeroom. The underhanded treatment of suspensions of players, the talent left of the bench, the dishonest assessment and blind loyalty to a 5th year senior who has yet to show he can deliver consistently. By being unyielding in the assessment the coach has made the statement he gives us the best chance to win, and I would bet a good portion of the locker room disagrees, even though he is a Captain. We struggle, we lose to teams we should throttle. And the Gophers have yet to show the ablity to get a lead and keep their foot on the neck of the opppent. We leave too many points off the scoreboard to attribute it too the opponent, or even play calling. We make plays that high school coachs eliminate by the Sophmore year.

When the performance on the field is spotty, uneven, and even lacking its more than talent, weight and conditioning. It a matter of confidence that as a player we have the best players on the field. That is what is missing.

Is the Stoudamire story a big deal or just an immature and disgruntled player flying off the handle? If so good riddance.

What concerns me most is the distraction this could be for the team getting ready for a game Saturday. Maybe the team as a whole is fed up with #11. Or maybe there are others in his camp. These kind of incidents have the potential to split a team.

No one here has the facts. But I hope the team will move on and focus otherwise it could be a long day Saturday.

I was thinking the same thing. This is either one bad egg, or the tip of the iceberg. Proof will be in the pudding Saturday night. Either the team comes out and plays their best game of the year, or they lay down for NIU. Frankly I don't see a middle ground. If its the former, Brewster has a chance to salvage the season and maybe his job. If its the latter, he could be gone a lot sooner than people think. Just my uninformed opinion (like just about everyone else on the board) but there's more to meets the eye, both with these disgruntled player stories, as well as Mangino (a.k.a. Mr. Creosote) on the sidelines. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

the dishonest assessment and blind loyalty to a 5th year senior...the statement he gives us the best chance to win...even though he is a Captain.

Think about these portions of your statement:

The staff thinks he is the best QB on the team, regardless of the expert (and unending) analysis on this board. I'm going to trust the coaches on this one.

I would want the coach to stand behind and be loyal to his players and his choices "blindly" although I would substitute the word unfailingly.

The players elect the captain, not the coaches. So enough of the players think highly enough of him to elect him captain.

I think there is a fissure in the lockeroom. The underhanded treatment of suspensions of players, the talent left of the bench, the dishonest assessment and blind loyalty to a 5th year senior who has yet to show he can deliver consistently. By being unyielding in the assessment the coach has made the statement he gives us the best chance to win, and I would bet a good portion of the locker room disagrees, even though he is a Captain. We struggle, we lose to teams we should throttle. And the Gophers have yet to show the ablity to get a lead and keep their foot on the neck of the opppent. We leave too many points off the scoreboard to attribute it too the opponent, or even play calling. We make plays that high school coachs eliminate by the Sophmore year.

When the performance on the field is spotty, uneven, and even lacking its more than talent, weight and conditioning. It a matter of confidence that as a player we have the best players on the field. That is what is missing.

This is a ridiculous post. Way to jump to conclusions and assume this situation is the worst possible. Remember, Stoudermire was suspended; perhaps he had become a distraction and it is good he is gone.

MMMM??? A junior, must sit out for a season then has one year left to play. The offers will be a plenty!

We lost to USD because we couldn't stop their passing game. We lost to USC because we couldn't stop their running game. Which part of those two were Adam Weber's fault?

You honestly believe that Adam Weber was the reason we lost the last two games?
Not him alone, but he didn't help a whole lot. Just as many turnovers as TD's is not good.

I blame the stubborn, predictable run scheme (playcalling) as the second factor, and the inexperienced defense as the third.

I think SD would've been a win with Gray at QB.

Not him alone, but he didn't help a whole lot. Just as many turnovers as TD's is not good.

I blame the stubborn, predictable run scheme (playcalling) as the second factor, and the inexperienced defense as the third.

I'm pretty certain 38 points should have been enough to beat USD.

I agree that the playcalling was very predictable, but it was probably smart to play it safe. If we had gotten into a shootout with USC we would have gotten killed. You don't show up at a gunfight with a knife. And the biggest reason we lost is USC had better players at just about every position. As for Weber, you can't pin the entire loss on him, although he did his share with fumbling. He's trying his hardest out there, but bottom line, he's the worst QB in the conference. What other team in the BT would trade even up for Weber? Of course, you could say that about a few other positions on our depth chart. But wait one more year and all those stellar athletes that Brewster is recruiting will change all that.

I'm pretty certain 38 points should have been enough to beat USD.

Sure should have been. That's what is hard here. Weber sure sucks, but maybe he just sucks ballz in Brewster's brilliant offense. Maybe under Mason's offense he'd have been just as effective as Brian Cupito was. Hard to say.

GoldenRose has it right though. We don't have a defense that can win us games and we don't have an offense that can win games and our special teams are worse. That's why I think 1-11 is still in play...

I have to completely disagree on the USD game. The defense gave up 41 points! Weber was 21/31 for 258 yards, three touchdowns and no picks. And think of all of the balls he put right on the money that his receivers flat out dropped. Weber was not the problem.

I agree that the playcalling was very predictable, but it was probably smart to play it safe. If we had gotten into a shootout with USC we would have gotten killed. You don't show up at a gunfight with a knife. And the biggest reason we lost is USC had better players at just about every position.
Our passing game was effective enough where we didn't need to call 3-4 running plays in a row and not start with a pass on first down on occasion. They stack 8 in the box, where's the slant to Gray? We could've burned them, yet we consistently ran up the middle. Someone posted a great response to this in terms of Wisconsin. They are a running team, but half of their 1st downs are passes. That's smart. It certainly was better last game, but our coaches are showing their inability to out-coach the competition.

As for Weber, you can't pin the entire loss on him, although he did his share with fumbling. He's trying his hardest out there, but bottom line, he's the worst QB in the conference. What other team in the BT would trade even up for Weber? Of course, you could say that about a few other positions on our depth chart. But wait one more year and all those stellar athletes that Brewster is recruiting will change all that.
I just said Weber is one of 3 glaring issues, not that he was the sole blame. Also, I'm tired of the Gopher "one more year" cry. The talent is here and ready. Play them.

I have to completely disagree on the USD game. The defense gave up 41 points! Weber was 21/31 for 258 yards, three touchdowns and no picks. And think of all of the balls he put right on the money that his receivers flat out dropped. Weber was not the problem.

The lack of reading comprehension on these boards is pathetic. I'm speaking of the two losses combined. 5 TD's, 2 INT's, 2 fumbles -- and one TD was against back-ups. That's a 4:4 ratio. Is he the cause of the losses? No. Is he a huge liability? Yes.

Ellestad's missed FG cost us. Weber's fumbles cost us. The defense cost us. The 4th down calls cost us. -- (vs usd)

The lack of reading comprehension on these boards is pathetic. I'm speaking of the two losses combined. 5 TD's, 2 INT's, 2 fumbles -- and one TD was against back-ups. That's a 4:4 ratio. Is he the cause of the losses? No. Is he a huge liability? Yes.

Ellestad's missed FG cost us. Weber's fumbles cost us. The defense cost us. The 4th down calls cost us. -- (vs usd)

Don't worry, I have wasted my time reading every word of your posts on this thread. I find it funny that you make a statement, and when others react to it negatively, you go on to tell us what we missed in your earlier post, broadening your statement and psuedo-backpedaling in the process.

Weber is not the reason the team is 1-2. Get off it.

What am I not comprehending correctly? I read the above post as saying that Weber is the biggest problem this football team has and that we would have won the USD game had Weber not played.

Don't worry, I have wasted my time reading every word of your posts on this thread. I find it funny that you make a statement, and when others react to it negatively, you go on to tell us what we missed in your earlier post, broadening your statement and psuedo-backpedaling in the process.

I'm not backpedaling anything. People are assuming more than I'm saying. All I am saying is that there are some glaring issues, and Weber is most definitely one of them. If you can't understand that, than enjoy your blissful ignorance.

What am I not comprehending correctly? I read the above post as saying that Weber is the biggest problem this football team has and that we would have won the USD game had Weber not played.
What part said he was the biggest problem? He's one of 3 (4 if you want to count placekicking). Fix any one of those issues, and we beat USD. Fix all of them, and i believe we could've beat USC.

The problem is Brewster. Now one of his best players has quit mid season. Another Brewster issue. My question for you Weber lovers (can't believe you are still out there) is which qb woiuld you take, Weber or SDU's Warren? Or Weber and MTSU's backup?

What part said he was the biggest problem? He's one of 3 (4 if you want to count placekicking). Fix any one of those issues, and we beat USD. Fix all of them, and i believe we could've beat USC.

When you listed the factors in a numerical order I assumed that the first factor listed was the most important and the last the least important. If that was not your intention, my bad. I'll agree that Weber's play as a whole has been lacking this year but cannot put any culpability for the USD debacle on his shoulders. It just wasn't has fault on that day.

The problem is Brewster. Now one of his best players has quit mid season. Another Brewster issue. My question for you Weber lovers (can't believe you are still out there) is which qb woiuld you take, Weber or SDU's Warren? Or Weber and MTSU's backup?

So is the problem Weber or Brewster? Because I thought you said the problem is Brewster.

When you listed the factors in a numerical order I assumed that the first factor listed was the most important and the last the least important. If that was not your intention, my bad. I'll agree that Weber's play as a whole has been lacking this year but cannot put any culpability for the USD debacle on his shoulders. It just wasn't has fault on that day.

Yeah, the numbers were for listing, not ranking....

In a 3 point game, one play can change the outcome. That's why I noted the missed FG, the fumbles, the 4th downs that we should've kicked FG's, big play's given up to blown coverages. Take 1 of those away and we win. Weber had 2, 4th down calls = 2, defense = lots.

My pro-Gray comment was merely for the change in game tempo, since he has the run threat. I'm sure he'd have coughed up the ball twice too.. fumble/INT. *shrug*

Then again, we should have put up bigger numbers against them. Central Florida (?) put up 31, why didn't the offense do much better than that? One big broken problem... I just wish it was fixed.

Top Bottom