We got a vote!

Gotta build momentum so that we can be ranked 25 when we play Iowa!

Gotta build momentum so that we can be ranked 25 when we play Iowa!
sheldon-big-bang-theory.gif

We're not in such bad company, same as UCLA. We only need to convert two more voters to catch up with Florida! I note that Purdue went from #25 to no votes in the AP poll and Iowa moved up two places simply by not playing this weekend.

We're not in such bad company, same as UCLA. We only need to convert two more voters to catch up with Florida! I note that Purdue went from #25 to no votes in the AP poll and Iowa moved up two places simply by not playing this weekend.
Iowa is worth more when they don't play.........

Still no votes in the coaches poll. Can't believe that Dorrell and Locksley haven't put the Gophers in.

Still no votes in the coaches poll. Can't believe that Dorrell and Locksley haven't put the Gophers in.
Unfortunately, the coaches themselves usually don't actually vote in the polls from what I understand. They have the SID do it for them!

No votes in the coaches poll yet though and still projected as going to the music city bowl against Arkansas despite taking over the lead in the west with a favorable schedule ahead of us.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Minnesota is still in the BGSU penalty box. It is fine as long as they continue to win quietly.

Which one of us does not want the Gophers to win out? It is still possible. They've got a fight to the B1G West title. They are not taking any team in front of them schedule-wise for granted. That is what will make this season memorable. It will be a classic since the Gophers do have a top-ranked Defense. They have a gaudy two-deep Offensive Line that is the envy of a lot of teams. All the games to date have kept me on my toes.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

As we have seen with Illinois and PSU, upsets happen. More injuries can happen. On the other hand, the Gophers are quietly becoming scary good as a total team package. They are going to get better and better. I hope that they peak about the time that they will have faced tOSU for the outright Big ten Title. This is a pipe dream right now.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, the coaches themselves usually don't actually vote in the polls from what I understand. They have the SID do it for them!

Even if it's someone on their staff.....Colorado and Maryland got firsthand looks at the Gophers. Doesn't say much about their own teams when they get thoroughly handled by a 5-2 team that they don't think deserves votes.

Gophers need to keep chip on their shoulder. 7-2 and unranked going to Iowa would be fine with me.

Top Bottom