We currently are favored in 3 more games

If our freshman RBs didn’t play like they have in their limited action, I would be worried.

they played well, almost better in some snaps.

I don’t think that excuse should fly.

now if they were lower rated recruits who did not perform well, then sure.

this is not the old MN teams of years past. We have talent.

Will force them to rely on the pass more, which I think they should. Vikings offense vs Seattle was better without Cook. Granted, the true comparison is without Cook and without Mattison.

Let Tanner get the ball and try to win games putting it in the hands of our talented receivers and TEs.
I don't think that's a valid comparison. The drop-off from Mattison to Abudula is massive. I'm not sure there even is a drop-off from Potts to Irving. The problem is the Gophers run so much they need 2-3 backs.

The problem is the Gophers run so much they need 2-3 backs.
Here's hoping that the injuries force them to pass.

But then again, with Sanford gameplanning and calling the plays, and screwing Tanner up, maybe that will be a disaster. We'll see ...

It seems like every game is 50/50 except IA. Sanford and IA Defense is match made in hell. Third and long and TM is forced to throw.

I don't think that's a valid comparison. The drop-off from Mattison to Abudula is massive. I'm not sure there even is a drop-off from Potts to Irving. The problem is the Gophers run so much they need 2-3 backs.
The gophers have gone from the big ten running back of the year to a true freshman in 6 weeks and one of them was a bye

If I had to guess I’d say 8-4 will be the record.

It seems like every game is 50/50 except IA. Sanford and IA Defense is match made in hell. Third and long and TM is forced to throw.
I don't think every game is a 50/50 but I also don't think any of the games are locks either. That said, if we play anywhere close to our capabilities on offense, defense and special teams we should beat Illinois, Northwestern and Indiana and we should have a great shot at beating Nebraska, Maryland and Wisconsin. The only one I don't feel confident about at all is Iowa for obvious reasons.

Every game from here on is a pivotal game. The way the Gopher season is going, we have to be extremely nearsighted and take it one game at a time.

NW is bound to upset an opponent in the next few games. Let's hope it is not the Gophers. The Gophers cannot take any team for granted like they did BGSU.

It's really hard to predict wins against teams you "should have a chance to beat".
Yeh, we're at 40% to beat Indiana. So we have a chance, same with Nebraska.

But then are we also okay with Northwestern (38%) being the same odds of beating us?

Right now, there would be a lot more people upset about Northwestern at 38% beating Minnesota than elation of us pulling an upset against Nebraska or Indiana.

Fans seem to get in this mindset, the one's we are favored in should count at W's and the one's we aren't favored in are half W's.
With the way Indiana has collapsed, there is no way in hell they beat the Gophers.

They are horrid. That's a 12-15 point Minnesota win.

With the way Indiana has collapsed, there is no way in hell they beat the Gophers.

They are horrid. That's a 12-15 point Minnesota win.
Please, google amnesia. Obviously, you have missed some Saturdays.

Indiana has beaten Western Kentucky and Idaho this season.

Penix is a shell of his former self. The only reason they got any publicity was because of a Covid season in 2020.

They are putrid and might not win a B1G game in 2021.

I don't often find myself agreeing with boomtime but in this case I do. Unless Indiana undergoes some drastic turnaround in the second half of the season, this current version looks like a shell of last years squad for them. Very similar to what is going on with Northwestern.

Indiana hung in there some with Cincinnati but they got destroyed by both Iowa and Penn State. They also just barely beat 1-4 Western Kentucky who based on the scores from their games doesn't really bother to play much defense.

I don't often find myself agreeing with boomtime but in this case I do. Unless Indiana undergoes some drastic turnaround in the second half of the season, this current version looks like a shell of last years squad for them. Very similar to what is going on with Northwestern.

Indiana hung in there some with Cincinnati but they got destroyed by both Iowa and Penn State. They also just barely beat 1-4 Western Kentucky who based on the scores from their games doesn't really bother to play much defense.
My amnesia reference is to the Gophers being 31 point favorites to Bowling Green. The idea Indiana can't beat the Gophers seems like recent history says there might be some wiggle room for the Hoosiers to surprise us.

My amnesia reference is to the Gophers being 31 point favorites to Bowling Green. The idea Indiana can't beat the Gophers seems like recent history says there might be some wiggle room for the Hoosiers to surprise us.
Got it. Hopefully the BG game was all the reminder any of the players/coaches needed that they can't take anything for granted. Our remaining schedule has a ton of winnable games on it but we could also easily lose many of them if we don't show up and play well.

Hype on Nebraska is way too high IMO. Gophers should be able to beat them at home. Maryland, Northwestern and Illinois all should be beat as well. That would rip off 5 in a row for us. Then let's see what happens in the final 3.

I like the way the D has come together for us.

The offense - It all comes down to if Wright and CAB are out there for me. Way different team with them. We'll probably struggle and really grind without them.

Yay 7 wins! Mediocrity! 7 wins + a bowl win does nothing to convince me the program has turned a corner.

9+ win seasons since 2000:
UMN: 3
uw: 14

Top Bottom