We are watching a team throw everything out there and go for it

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
WI taking shots down field right away, going for it on fourth, electing to take the ball to start the game, not running out the clock to end the half.

Not sure how it will end of course, but we are watching a team that is out there to win the game with one heck of an aggressive game plan.

Oh what might have been....

Totally agree. Our aggression and creativity pretty much ended when Bateman caught the opening touchdown. Frustrating.

The way we called those games, we would have kneeled the ball to end the half. So frustrating, and what’s worse, I’m still not over it. Likely won’t be until we go to the big game.

Especially hurts seeing our rivals call an aggressive game in the game we all hoped the Gophers would be playing in.

The way we called those games, we would have kneeled the ball to end the half. So frustrating, and what’s worse, I’m still not over it. Likely won’t be until we go to the big game.

Especially hurts seeing our rivals call an aggressive game in the game we all hoped the Gophers would be playing in.
Nah. Our RUTM just wouldn’t have been a big play because we aren’t that good.

Chryst is 34-10 in Big 10 games and 4-0 in bowl games. He knows what he is doing.

Its not as simple as we lost because we weren’t aggressive and Wisconsin is winning tonight because they’re being aggressive.
Sure, but we weren’t aggressive or creative. Would have been nice.
Just compare our punt form Wisconsin’s 35 versus how Wisconsin has called the game tonight. Compare our prevent defense in the first half against Iowa versus Wisconsin.

Chryst game plan is to try to win a championship. We punted, in the biggest game in our lifetimes.

Just compare our punt form Wisconsin’s 35 versus how Wisconsin has called the game tonight. Compare our prevent defense in the first half against Iowa versus Wisconsin.

Chryst game plan is to try to win a championship. We punted, in the biggest game in our lifetimes.

Our defense was playing well. Chryst knows they have to put up points to beat OSU cause their D won’t hold all game. Our offense wasn’t creative all year. Yes we punted from the 35, but it’s not like that choice is why we lost. Who knows if we would’ve converted it. It’s easy to look back in hindsight and say what we should’ve done.

The just rolled out their "drop the ball before punting" play.
Wished they used that one last week.

Our defense was playing well. Chryst knows they have to put up points to beat OSU cause their D won’t hold all game. Our offense wasn’t creative all year. Yes we punted from the 35, but it’s not like that choice is why we lost. Who knows if we would’ve converted it. It’s easy to look back in hindsight and say what we should’ve done.
How about our run on multiple third and long plays we dialed up?

How about handing it off on 3rd and 7? Is that going for it?

How are those creative plays working in the second half? I particularly just enjoyed the QB keeper where he stood still and pretended that the ball had disappeared. But then there was the time where they punted so creatively as well.

I almost feel bad for the Badgers. But I'm glad that OSU came back and is now rolling.

How are those creative plays working in the second half? I particularly just enjoyed the QB keeper where he stood still and pretended that the ball had disappeared. But then there was the time where they punted so creatively as well.
Right, tOSU has competent coaches and better athletes. They made the right adjustments at the half. Game planning can only go so far, but Wisconsin's early lead was creative coaching, and made this game far more interesting.

Me loving this track meet Ohio st is finally putting on. Wisc can’t keep up with that

Chryst is 34-10 in Big 10 games and 4-0 in bowl games. He knows what he is doing.

Chryst is getting absolutely outcoached in the second half. One coach made adjustments, one didn't.

Right, tOSU has competent coaches and better athletes. They made the right adjustments at the half. Game planning can only go so far, but Wisconsin's early lead was creative coaching, and made this game far more interesting.
You mean like the tailbacks running straight ahead?

They were also making some fantastic plays. It was like Coan against us last week. He's been an average QB all year. And in a few games he was downright bad (INT against Illinois anyone?). The first half he was looking like an all Big Ten QB and Fields was looking like the goon. Script has completely flipped. Fields is making play after play and Coan looks lost.

You mean like the tailbacks running straight ahead?
That's the better athletes part. Putting a spy on Cohn was the adjustment and it's why Wisconsin has 0 second half points.

Wait for the “he kept an inferior team in the game” comment

Now its looking like the Badgers will be outscored in the second half by about 137 to 0. Don't really good coaches make positive changes at half time and add more creative plays? I thought that was the key to winning games? Or did they just "decide to play to lose instead of playing to win"? I never know exactly how these sure fire thumb nail strategies are supposed to work.

Second half score: 24-0.

WI taking shots down field right away, going for it on fourth, electing to take the ball to start the game, not running out the clock to end the half.

Not sure how it will end of course, but we are watching a team that is out there to win the game with one heck of an aggressive game plan.

Oh what might have been....
Did Becky throw it all out there and go for it in the 2nd half?

Do you disagree w/ that sentiment?
Because tOSU is trotting around this field with about 20 future pros on the 2 deep.
That wasn’tChryst. That was a team going out and playing lights out. Line looking great. D flying to ball. D gassed out and coan started missing throws. That stuff can happen outside of a coach. It’s sports. Not all upsets are driven by the coach

That's the better athletes part. Putting a spy on Cohn was the adjustment and it's why Wisconsin has 0 second half points.

You bet.:sleep: The team with the better players had they rear ends set on fire at halftime and are knocking the snot out of inferior team. Have you failed to notice that nothing is working for the Badgers now and most everything is working for the other team? Football 95% of the time is about basic blocking, tackling and talent. Not trick plays.

Top Bottom