We are only -1 on big ten projections. Settle down!!

Sota1

Reaction score
I had hoped for a win, but was nervous going into Assembly Hall. Disappointed by the loss? Yes. I think we all agree that this is the first loss that we had all hoped to be a victory. What do we do? Win one of those that we expected to be a loss. I think we have a solid team that will make the tournament. Tubby will challenge the team after this loss and add more fire to this group. He is still molding them into a team that will make some noise at the end of the season. For all of you that look at this as the end, I say: Are you successful at what you do? I hope you don't go through life making decisions on the end result based on an unexpected setback. Real winners fight back and get back into the fray. For those of you that have written us off, Good riddance! We will make the tournament. I have seen enough from this team to show that, although we have been inconsistent, we have talent to make the dance. Grow a set, and know that we are young and aggressive. I'm tired of all the negativity in this town. Go Gophers!

Yesterday didn't decide if we make the tournament, but how we react to yesterday will decide if we make the tournament.

I think the NIT will be a better tourney for us anyway this year. We will get to play more games that way (as we will likely have a better chance of winning.)

I had hoped for a win, but was nervous going into Assembly Hall. Disappointed by the loss? Yes. I think we all agree that this is the first loss that we had all hoped to be a victory. What do we do? Win one of those that we expected to be a loss. I think we have a solid team that will make the tournament. Tubby will challenge the team after this loss and add more fire to this group. He is still molding them into a team that will make some noise at the end of the season. For all of you that look at this as the end, I say: Are you successful at what you do? I hope you don't go through life making decisions on the end result based on an unexpected setback. Real winners fight back and get back into the fray. For those of you that have written us off, Good riddance! We will make the tournament. I have seen enough from this team to show that, although we have been inconsistent, we have talent to make the dance. Grow a set, and know that we are young and aggressive. I'm tired of all the negativity in this town. Go Gophers!

Do you watch the games, or just read about them?

Tubby is constantly getting out-coached. That is inexcusable.

Gophers can't make lay-ups. That is inexcusable.

Starting Gopher point guard drives the lane, and when he gets right under the basket, he kicks it out for a missed 3-pointer.

Gophers are one of the worst free-throw shooting teams as a group I have ever seen. That is inexcusable.

Gophers only kill the shot clock when behind. When ahead, they try to get a shot off in the first 20 seconds. That is inexcusable.

Tubby gets the free pass.

That is inexcusable.

I think the NIT will be a better tourney for us anyway this year. We will get to play more games that way (as we will likely have a better chance of winning.)
Oh yeah, let me be the first to jump on this bandwagon. Geez this will be such a fun ride. Hey, maybe you could post what teams you project will be in the NIT field! Why don't you get working on that. Keep yourself busy. C'mon man, Big Ten season isn't even half over. At least let it play out.

"Gophers can't make lay-ups. That is inexcusable....

Starting Gopher point guard drives the lane, and when he gets right under the basket, he kicks it out for a missed 3-pointer."

So you are saying kicking it out is the right move?

Good take. Tubby got out coached? That is a lame response to someone who thinks every loss means the season is over. Yes, I watched the game, season ticket holder, and played 2 years of college ball. Welcome to the Big Ten, Highwayman. Losses happen. Don't hide behind the Tubby got outcoached reply. Pretty sure he has not only earned the respect he has now, but has brought our program back to respectability.

It was good game by the gophers in a tough environment. They came back from a large deficit and almost got the victory. We still struggle underneath and it would make a huge difference if we had one of the two suspended players underneath. Paul Carter can look amazing sometimes and then he loses his confidence. Same with Devoe. These guys need to believe in themselves. Also, Westbrook is far better when he does not force it. He looks like a completely different player when he uses his quickness to make the players around him better.

Do you watch the games, or just read about them?

Tubby is constantly getting out-coached. That is inexcusable.

Gophers can't make lay-ups. That is inexcusable.

Starting Gopher point guard drives the lane, and when he gets right under the basket, he kicks it out for a missed 3-pointer.

Gophers are one of the worst free-throw shooting teams as a group I have ever seen. That is inexcusable.

Gophers only kill the shot clock when behind. When ahead, they try to get a shot off in the first 20 seconds. That is inexcusable.

Tubby gets the free pass.

That is inexcusable.

You are allowed to post on GH website.

THAT is inexcusable.

Top Bottom