We are now the middle schoolers and NDSU is the big boys on the block.

Hooligan119th

Reaction score
I sat up in a corner section along with a lot of my friends who are Bison fans...just to the left of me are what I would call the season ticket holder base for the gophers. You know what I watched tonight?! I watched a team come in and dominate the gophers.....i watched all of those season ticket holders stand on their feet TWO times to support the gophers.....only when they scored that is. There was no fanatical passion from the gopher fans like I thought there would be....just a bunch of fuddie duddies sitting on their thumb. Christ....i almost got kicked out for chewing out the gopher fans for not cheering when the players needed it the most...

This is NOT a college town....the people in charge have no idea what a big 10 college town should be in the modern world. The fans still think we should be Eore nice..."thaaat's ookay that ndsu won....maybe we'll win next year"

Sorry......NDSU owns this town tonight. They are now the team to beat in the tri-state area.

...as I try to fall asleep in my hotel room, I kinda wonder why i'm not out partyin with all my friends......wait......cause maybe the gophers got beat by a true big 10 caliber team tonight and all I hear through my hotel window are hoards of Bison fans stomping on the gophers grave.... for the second time....

The Gophers are 5-3 in the past decade against FCS (aka I-AA) teams, dropping three of the last five. This is terrible. I mean these are supposed to be the games we use for filler. The ones that even if this is their Super Bowl, the Gophers should win on raw talent, right? But now USD and NDSU have knocked off Minnesota in the past two years. I covered games for NDSU and SDSU when they were D-II...and I'm not that old. This is awful.

I'd like to think that I'll always give a coach their first season. I always say, "Hey, they're building their system, they don't have their guys. It'll get better." Some day it will be better. Some day it is gonna be sweet. Some day, I'll get to look at the Bison and Coyote and Hawkeye and Badger and Wolverine and Buckeye fans and say "See. It can happen in Minnesota. And after all this crap, it taste great to get there, even just once." Some day, I'll get to say that.

Go Gophers...beat Michigan.

"a true big ten caliber team in ndsu"? You are kidding right? As bad as the Gophers played they were one touchdown away from tying the game late in the 4th Q. Take away the gifts of hands to the face penalities and the td's late in the first half and it is a differrent game.

cause maybe the gophers got beat by a true big 10 caliber team tonight
I think this loss has driven some people to the brink of insanity. I hate to think what this place will be like mid-way through the conference schedule.

"a true big ten caliber team in ndsu"? You are kidding right? As bad as the Gophers played they were one touchdown away from tying the game late in the 4th Q. Take away the gifts of hands to the face penalities and the td's late in the first half and it is a differrent game.

Do a lot of things differently and you got a different game. You can only play at your own skill level. It's a game of mental capacity and execution, along with some strength and speed thrown in there. Your team is less disciplined. Quit making excuses. If that happened to the Bison, I would not try to beat it around the bush. And there inlies the football culture differences between Fargo and Minneapolis. Demanding perfection is a must, receiving it is a gift.

NDSU has the same problem in the Fargodome with fans who just sit on their chair the whole game and complain if people stand up for big 3rd down plays.

We are now the 6'4 guy who just got his ass kicked by the 5'8 kid. And the 6'7 kid is who we fight next.

Last night's game was less about how far NDSU has risen and more about how far the Gophers have fallen and how much work is ahead for us. Any Bison fans that think they could compete in the Big Ten as a whole needs to stop drinking so much Keystone Light.

Didn't Minnesota just beat Miami (OH) last week? You got beat yesterday by a decent team with a good offensive Line, a very solid QB who can throw a lot better than the guy you will see next week, and two solid running backs. That is why you lost the game.

I sat up in a corner section along with a lot of my friends who are Bison fans...just to the left of me are what I would call the season ticket holder base for the gophers. You know what I watched tonight?! I watched a team come in and dominate the gophers.....i watched all of those season ticket holders stand on their feet TWO times to support the gophers.....only when they scored that is. There was no fanatical passion from the gopher fans like I thought there would be....just a bunch of fuddie duddies sitting on their thumb. Christ....i almost got kicked out for chewing out the gopher fans for not cheering when the players needed it the most...

This is NOT a college town....the people in charge have no idea what a big 10 college town should be in the modern world. The fans still think we should be Eore nice..."thaaat's ookay that ndsu won....maybe we'll win next year"

Sorry......NDSU owns this town tonight. They are now the team to beat in the tri-state area.

...as I try to fall asleep in my hotel room, I kinda wonder why i'm not out partyin with all my friends......wait......cause maybe the gophers got beat by a true big 10 caliber team tonight and all I hear through my hotel window are hoards of Bison fans stomping on the gophers grave.... for the second time....

dominate?

what game were you watching

if not for a bone head mistake by us before the half......the game is tied in the 4th quarter and up for grabs

granted we'd have probably personal fouled and lined up off side to seal the loss.......but dominated....LMAO

Last night's game was less about how far NDSU has risen and more about how far the Gophers have fallen and how much work is ahead for us. Any Bison fans that think they could compete in the Big Ten as a whole needs to stop drinking so much Keystone Light.

Don't say anything bad about Keystone Light....Always smooth ;)

Gift of a hands to the face? He pushed his helmet off....I don't know what you constitute as hands to the face but there is only two ways a helmet comes off....if the person wearing the helmet pulls it off or if someone pushes it off with his hands. The TD's did change the game but good teams capitalize on plays (the 2nd TD was fluke-ish to say the least, but it happened....and was a legal play.) The first of the laste TD's happened because the U of M corner got left behind with his jock-strap on the ground by an FCS running back.

I'm in no way saying NDSU would do anything in the B1G, but the fact that NDSU has 22 fewer scholarships certainly doesn't help matters. Right now, I'd take NDSU doing better in the B1G than the U of M. You need a QB to do well in any conference and right now the U of M doesn't have that....or a defense. NDSU's QB looked like a guy who was far and away better than Gray and it's not fair to evaluate a true frosh in Shortell against a Redshirt Soph in Jensen so I won't go there yet.

In a couple of years once Kill gets things going I think that the U will be ready to at the very least compete with the upper echelon of teams and make them respect the U of M more than they did during the Brewster Era. The University of Minnesota could really use a Dr. Lou Holtz righ about now to get Minnesota pointed in the right direction again. Hopefully that is what Kill can be for you guys. Best of Luck! Beat Iowa! Beat Wisconsin!

Don't say anything bad about Keystone Light....Always smooth ;)

As a quick anecdote, my son and I were at the fairgrounds Saturday afternoon standing in the very long line for the buses to the Bank. A few Bison fans bedecked in Green and Gold were in line ahead of us and complaining about being thirsty. We passed the Fat Tire stand towards the back of the lot and these two decided they could down one more beer before the buses (they could've probably downed two or three) but had no idea what Fat Tire was and were worried they wouldn't like it. One dude wandered off and came back with two glasses of stuff that was too light to be Fat Tire. He told his bud: "Thank God they had Miller Lite!"

The gift hands to the face penalty was the one on Tinsley early in the game when the Gophers should have had a sack. If you watch the tape,the Bison player he was engaged with also had his hands in Tinsley's face mask - should have been a no-call. Also,Bison fans have never been known to be rational - the last time they beat the Gophers many of their fans were campaigning to be invited to a major bowl game (until SDSU beat them in the final game of the season.)

The gift hands to the face penalty was the one on Tinsley early in the game when the Gophers should have had a sack. If you watch the tape,the Bison player he was engaged with also had his hands in Tinsley's face mask - should have been a no-call. Also,Bison fans have never been known to be rational - the last time they beat the Gophers many of their fans were campaigning to be invited to a major bowl game (until SDSU beat them in the final game of the season.)

Well, yeah. In 2007, they not only beat the Gophers... they absolutely crushed the Gophers. 585 yards to barely 300 yards is a beat down.

Well, yeah. In 2007, they not only beat the Gophers... they absolutely crushed the Gophers. 585 yards to barely 300 yards is a beat down.

No, it is not. Points count, yards do not. 27-21 is not a beatdown, not by any honest measure.

Didn't Minnesota just beat Miami (OH) last week? You got beat yesterday by a decent team with a good offensive Line, a very solid QB who can throw a lot better than the guy you will see next week, and two solid running backs. That is why you lost the game.

Miami (OH) is 0-3 and just lost to something called Bowling Green at home by a couple TD's.

NDSU would get absolutely crushed by every other B10 team save for Indiana, just as we will.

If NDSU had 85 scholarships and 5 times the athletic budget I doubt they would get crushed.

If wisconsin had 30 scholarships and a $900,000 football budget NDSU would crush them....

Would an 8 year old beat a 3 year old in a fight? probably, What if the 3 year old was the same age? Maybe not...

We will see, cause NDSU gets its second Big 10 team in the form of Iowa in a few years. And it will still be 85 v 63, and home v away.

Can you imagine the out come of saturdays game if it was an even scholarship game played in fargo? 63-3? maybe, maybe not.

Top Bottom