WCCO reveals seat shifts coming next season?

GoAUpher

Section 246
Reaction score
I found the final part of Darcy's recent story on the "eats" at TCF to be very interesting:

WCCO said:
There are still about 100 scattered single-seat season tickets on sale for those who want to experience the food, football and fun, first hand.

Next season the University of Minnesota plans to shift some of the seat assignments to free up more pairs of seats and eliminate scattered singles.

Could be happening sooner then expected?

I saw some taped signs on a few scattered seats that said "This seat available" at the scrimmage. I thought that was a good idea.

I saw some taped signs on a few scattered seats that said "This seat available" at the scrimmage. I thought that was a good idea.

I saw the same in the next section over. I agree, a very good way to publicize where the open seats are. I think it has a nice chance of working as more people hear about how nice TCF is they may ask their season ticket friends if they can go and that friend can now reply "actually, there is an open seat right next to us!".

I agree. Great idea. Saw a scattered single right in front of our group and picked it up on Monday. Can't wait.

I just bought 4 of them (2 and 2) today that happened to be on top of each other vertically but not horizontally. hopefully can shift them so they are horizontally next to each other next year. now can sell to family and friends, should be fun.

I bought some more scattered seats too. They won't be next to each other this year but next year I'm sure I will be able to get them together. It's a good way to skip ahead of those on the season ticket waiting list that decided not to buy season tickets this year because they couldn't get 2 seats right next to each other.

Yes!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU GoAUpher for posting this!

I missed out on the initial draft of season tickets because the wife is a grad student, and we've been getting student tickets the last two years.

I've been calling and e-mailing sporadically over the last couple months, and I've always gotten some runaround about being put on a list.

When I saw this post, and then read the WCCO story, I called and then ran over to the ticket office. Due to sheer dumb luck, I actually got two tickets next to each other! The ticket office girl and I were both dumbfounded that she was able to secure two consecutive seats.

I'm so pumped for Air Force! And beyond!

I sure did use a lot of exclamations in this post!

I missed out on the initial draft of season tickets because the wife is a grad student, and we've been getting student tickets the last two years.

I've been calling and e-mailing sporadically over the last couple months, and I've always gotten some runaround about being put on a list.

When I saw this post, and then read the WCCO story, I called and then ran over to the ticket office. Due to sheer dumb luck, I actually got two tickets next to each other! The ticket office girl and I were both dumbfounded that she was able to secure two consecutive seats.

This is odd...Ziggy told me I should be able to leap now. ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad my random post was able to get a fellow GH'er into TCF. Ski U Mah!

dpodoll - just curious, what section did you end up in and were there other options available in both donation or non-donation sections.

Thanks in advance. Love to see the whole thing sold out!!

dpodoll - just curious, what section did you end up in and were there other options available in both donation or non-donation sections.

Thanks in advance. Love to see the whole thing sold out!!

Section 232. I was concentrating on the $275 and $275+$100 sections, and they told me on the phone that there was literally one seat left in the latter. By the time I got over there in person, the one seat was gone. There were some non-donation seats left, and presumably the higher-level donation seats as well, though I didn't ask (the girl on the phone mentioned that all donation levels had some seats still available).

I should go buy a Powerball ticket for Saturday. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that I got two consecutive seats.

This is odd...Ziggy told me I should be able to leap now. ;)

Here's to hoping that your next leap...will be the leap home.

Top Bottom