WCCO: Gopher Fans Split On Fleck, But Pledge Support To ‘U’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per WCCO:

Forty-eight hours after firing their head football coach, the University of Minnesota has named a new team leader.

But not all fans are welcoming coach P.J. Fleck with open arms.

Not because of who he is, but because of the history of problems within the program.

Supporters of Gopher football have mixed feelings about the new coach.

While most say they feel the team needs to go in a new direction, there are those who feel the way things unfolded and have unfolded for years is not good.

You will find lots of different opinions about Gopher football inside a sports bar.

During the lunch rush at Bunny’s in St. Louis Park, there were lots of Minnesota alumni willing to weigh in on the football team’s new head coach.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/01/06/gopher-fans-fleck-reaction/

Go Gophers!!

Glad that the local media continues its streak of positivity! Random fans at a restaurant in St. Louis Park provide fantastic insight. /s

Glad that the local media continues its streak of positivity! Random fans at a restaurant in St. Louis Park provide fantastic insight. /s

Pessimistic Minnesotans. Always gotta be on guard. Can't let loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually think it's the exact opposite.

Most fans like Fleck.

We are split on the U.

The media in Mpls/St. Paul is so jaded. Sadly, they will be one of Flecks' biggest thorn in the side.

And they interview guys on the Sherm's side of the bar? Weak sauce.

The media in this town has to be the worst, most negative in the country. To the point of extremely unprofessional.

Love the Fleck hire, wish the U would have opened the piggy bank years ago instead of hiring guys like Brewster and Kill on the cheap.

Regarding Coyle/Kaler - not likey at all. Couple of dbags who deserve to be fired.

So, Gregg Wong free lances his critical article to the Pioneer Press and then just happens to be at Bunnies for an interview? Now there's some cross marketing.

It is always easier to write a smear/negative article than a positive one. Learned that one from my daughter who is studying to be a journalist. 'Much, much easier' she says. Yea local media has had it out for the U as long as I remember...the few journalist(s) who support the U are mocked an ridiculed...Sid for one...only? (in his prime days)

I actually think it's the exact opposite.

Most fans like Fleck.

We are split on the U.

Agreed. Fleck didn't have any part in the complete mess we've had over the past 2 weeks. I don't have any issue supporting him and hoping he does well. I'll always be a fan of the University. I'm not of a fan of the lack of leadership I saw from Coyle and Kaler.

Love-hate relationship today. Hate the Claeys firing. Love the Fleck hiring. Hate Kaler. Love the U. Hate Coyle. Love the sports teams. Hate the sex party. Love the football team. Hate the EOAA. Ran out of love.

Top Bottom