WBB: Gophers v Stetson in San Juan-Game 4 (11/27)

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.news-journalonline.com/a...th-Minnesota-Boise-State-in-Puerto-Rico&tc=ar

Gophers meet the Hatters:

"Minnesota plays all zone (defense), and Boise's all man (-to-man). We work on that stuff every day in practice," Bria said. "What's hard to simulate when it comes to Minnesota is their size ... and they shoot the ball very, very well."

Bria may also finally have her full complement of players available. Starting guard DeAsia Beal sat out Monday's 61-45 win over Division II Armstrong State with a minor knee injury but is expected to return Friday. Sophomore forward Sarah Sagerer missed the opening two games due to illness, but tallied 15 points, seven rebounds and three blocks against Armstrong State.

Sagerer said she's not fully up to speed when it comes to game shape but will give the Hatters desperately needed size. Minnesota features seven players who stand at least 6-foot-1...

Junior Brianti Saunders, the team's lone returning starter, paces the Hatters with 16.5 points but has had to adapt to her transition to point guard. She's committed 13 turnovers, and her shooting has dipped from 49 percent in 2014 to 40.9 percent this season.

Girls didn't play that well against Kent St. I think they were in the 270's in the power rating. Until they get the two JC players back I'm afraid they will take some lumps. Tough to win with a 4 guard offense.

In the pre-game, Stollings said Karley Barnes (rehabbing from an ACL) will play.

Gophers come from behind to win 72-69.

Hedstrom starts at center.

The 5-guard lineup.

Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard Stollings on the post-game; said Stetson wasn't real tall, she could trust Hedstrom to do the right things/be in the right place. The new ones are still learning.

Game 4 Miscellany

Minutes Played

40 Wagner (9 rebounds)
37 Bailey
37 Mullaney
28 Banham (for the second straight game two early fouls put her on the bench)
25 Hedstrom
18 Barnes (6 points and 8 rebounds)
12 Edwards
3 Bell?????? That’s what the box scores says. Obviously it wasn’t Bell. I listened to the game and I don’t recall anyone other than the starting five plus Barnes and Edwards.

The Gophers made nine steals (Bailey with 3) and grabbed 45 rebounds.

Wagner’s 20 points and 9 rebounds just missed continuing Minnesota’s double double streak.

Bailey was 6-11 from three which makes her 17-37 for the season.

Game 4 Miscellany

Minutes Played

Bell?????? That’s what the box scores says. Obviously it wasn’t Bell. I listened to the game and I don’t recall anyone other than the starting five plus Barnes and Edwards.

04:28 SUB IN : Bell, Kenisha
01:06 SUB OUT: Bell, Kenisha
First half. Maybe it got by the announcers.

Game 4 Miscellany

Minutes Played

Bell?????? That’s what the box scores says. Obviously it wasn’t Bell. I listened to the game and I don’t recall anyone other than the starting five plus Barnes and Edwards.

04:28 SUB IN : Bell, Kenisha
01:06 SUB OUT: Bell, Kenisha
First half. Maybe it got by the announcers.

Don't forget, 4 quarters now instead of halves.

Top Bottom