Way Too Early Prediction of 2015/2016 Starting Lineup

Lofton is older than Hollins yet is currently the vastly inferior player. Why is he going to suddenly pass Hollins up?

I agree. Don't see it. Especially after Andre comes back at 100% next year and lights up the barn.

PG: Good guy in Gopher uniform.
SG: Same
SF: Same
PF: Same
C: Same.

PG: Good guy in Gopher uniform.
SG: Same
SF: Same
PF: Same
C: Same.

That guy better be getting in shape, or he'll be awfully tired playing all five positions

Have you been talking with Jigga?

If Lofton is better than Andre Hollins, I will vote Republican in every local, state, and federal election for the rest of my life.

Get ready to vote for Marco Rubio in the upcoming presidential elections.lol.

Pitino knows what he's doing.

Have you been talking with Jigga?

If Lofton is better than Andre Hollins, I will vote Republican in every local, state, and federal election for the rest of my life.

Be careful, or you will be nominated for a dpodoll award. :cool02:

Marco Rubio 2016 it is. Lol.

I'm half joking because some posters decided to drag my name in to the convo.

Seriously I'm not here to go against any Gopher. I hope Hollins finishes his career strong and has his best season and the Gophers make some noise in March.

I have my reasons why I'm confident in Lofton's ability to quite possibly be better, bga1 was just letting you know that I'm not the only one who feels like this. He's got the potential to be very very good.
By saying Pitino knows what he's doing is saying the reward far outweighs the risk 3 years of scholarship on this kid and he knows it.

Time to start hunting crow,these basketball "experts" gonna eat a lot of it

Lofton is older than Hollins yet is currently the vastly inferior player. Why is he going to suddenly pass Hollins up?

As a sophomore Andre would have destroyed the the competition if he was at Illinois State, Lofton averaged 11 ppg.

As a sophomore Andre would have destroyed the the competition if he was at Illinois State, Lofton averaged 11 ppg.

That's not necessarily true, I can't say he would have "destroyed" the MVC. I imagine he would have had similar numbers that he did as a Gopher.
ISU was the most inexperienced team in the country, 9 first year players, no seniors, only 2 players with any(very limited) D1 experience at all.
(VCU beat em by 40 the 1st game of the season, even if they had both Hollins' boys, I don't think they could have won that one)

So it's an apples to oranges comparison for multiple reasons.
Zachs sophomore season was actually his first D1 season on a team of all newcomers and no veterans and a head coach also with limited experience as a head coach.

Hollins sophomore season was his 2nd D1 season with multiple veterans (mbakwe, Hollins, Williams, Coleman, etc.) and a veteran head coach in Tubby.

Hollins had a good sophomore season and his career is shaping up very nicely. This season should be big for him and I expect him to average career highs in every category. I don't wanna take anything away from him. I really like his game, i just don't think we can assume he would have "destroyed" the MVC under the same circumstances as Lofton. Especially if u didn't follow the MVC, Wichita State and Indiana State were pretty tough.

I hope my opinion doesn't cause any fans to look down on Lofton or hope he doesn't do well for the sake of being right on a message board. I'm just trying to provide a different perspective and maybe expressing some the things that coach p may be evaluating.

He also had very good numbers down the stretch,don't quote these numbers becuz I don't remember exactly but I think in his last 7 games or so 19 pts high 40% from sumtimes too deep,high 80s from the line,lower volume of shots & over half of their tourney pts 25 of the 48 off the bench

i just don't think we can assume he would have "destroyed" the MVC under the same circumstances as Lofton

I fell fine with the wording destroyed... I'd also say Hollins would have carved up the MVC. He shot 42% from deep that season.

I fell fine with the wording destroyed... I'd also say Hollins would have carved up the MVC. He shot 42% from deep that season.

That's fine that's your opinion. I have to disagree.

Im pretty sure u didn't see many ISU games last season.
Dre would have been playing significant minutes at the 4 and 5 positions.

The team was bad. They were out played, out-manned, out-sized, out-experienced and out-coached on so many levels it's not even funny. They really overachieved record wise based on pure hustle and hard work.

But yep, maybe your right. Maybe Dre would Have single handedly overcame all those obstacles destroyed the conference and beat out Cleanthony Early and Fred Van Vleet for the Larry Bird POY award. Who knows?
Everybody has a right to an opinion...

Back to the topic of the thread.

PG- Mason/*Johnson or *Whitt
SG- Lofton/McNeil/Morris
SF- Morris/McNeil/Buggs
PF- King/Martin
C- Konate/ Diedouh

Top Bottom