Way off Topic: Dave Lee?

I really loved this even though it wasn’t really our Dave. No disrespect to him as he had one of the toughest jobs. Trying to maintain the older crowd that was dwindling whilst being just fun enough to attract new listeners.
Anyone else here old enough to remember when CCO had the market share? It was a classier time I would say (gawd I sound old).
I remember. My mom used to listen to it all the time.

I feel like I'm missing a large part of the narrative regarding why it's so insulting to Dave.
Jokes are subjective. I think it was intially misunderstood as a slight to Dave Lee (WCCO) that wasn't the intent at all. I stated as much. I just thought it was so far removed from the Gophers announcer Dave Lee that it would be seen as a harmless joke. Jokes can be risky.

GopherJay was just being a good friend. I hope that his friend Dave Lee has a long healthy and joyous retirement! And I hope that the Mixmaster Dave Lee can rock on as long as he desires. It's fun to see not so young guys doing something they enjoy. Even if it is not something others enjoy.

Cheers!

I really loved this even though it wasn’t really our Dave. No disrespect to him as he had one of the toughest jobs. Trying to maintain the older crowd that was dwindling whilst being just fun enough to attract new listeners.
Anyone else here old enough to remember when CCO had the market share? It was a classier time I would say (gawd I sound old).
Ummm. He did zero prep and it showed. It was bad for everyone except those drawing pay checks.

Jokes are subjective. I think it was intially misunderstood as a slight to Dave Lee (WCCO) that wasn't the intent at all. I stated as much. I just thought it was so far removed from the Gophers announcer Dave Lee that it would be seen as a harmless joke. Jokes can be risky.

GopherJay was just being a good friend. I hope that his friend Dave Lee has a long healthy and joyous retirement! And I hope that the Mixmaster Dave Lee can rock on as long as he desires. It's fun to see not so young guys doing something they enjoy. Even if it is not something others enjoy.

Cheers!
Your first sentence reminds of the first time I was told the difference between truth and fact. I spent a few hours going down that rabbit hole. I think your take on the joke reaction is a good one.

Dave is a great guy and a friend. Retired now so maybe pick on someone else.
Sorry....once you enter the world of Gopher football, you never graduate, retire, and your message board stories live on forever. I don't want to be in a world that doesn't acknowledge the contributions of ChinaGopher & the chair leg in the eye socket, nor shall I forget Dance4Raiders & the humidity before the 2010 MTSU tilt.

If they didn't, I wouldn't know that Kyle Kessel loves recruiting or seen the obituary for Kelly Leeks.

Sorry....once you enter the world of Gopher football, you never graduate, retire, and your message board stories live on forever. I don't want to be in a world that doesn't acknowledge the contributions of ChinaGopher & the chair leg in the eye socket, nor shall I forget Dance4Raiders & the humidity before the 2010 MTSU tilt.

If they didn't, I wouldn't know that Kyle Kessel loves recruiting or seen the obituary for Kelly Leeks.
Dances4Raiders needs to DJ as well ;-) ChinaGopher was an all time classic, but I thought Dance(s)4Raiders was the best. Well her and The Mississippi State fans that helped to create the knife wielding polar bear! There have been some classics over the years.

Top Bottom